Project Fabia vRS TDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Fabia vRS TDi
Hi,

I've been a bit lax on here recently, concentrating on other things - but thought I would update with the latest little project on the go...

I've been doing a lot of work on a load of Fabia vRS' recently, and needed something to do some development on - so went to the auction and bought this:

[Image: IMG-20150116-WA0007_zpsp3wpyjom.jpg]

Didn't stay standard very long, as soon as I got it back to the unit, the box came off and one of our uprated clutch kits went on:

[Image: IMG-20150117-WA0009_zpsiogsd9is.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_20150117_181455980_zpsmzmt34xi.jpg]

and a set of coilies:

[Image: IMG_20150117_233552979_zpsxdhzk06i.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150117_204429372_zpsnvyx6hgm.jpg]

and then mapped it to 170hp and 300lbft while the clutch bedded in.

[Image: DSCF7623_zpsaa87fbf6.jpg]

Gave the car a proper details, and dropped it on the coilies:

[Image: IMG_20150120_153843488_zpshrpfaski.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150120_153853218_HDR_zps78npcjtc.jpg]

Picked up a set of Audi TT comps, had the powdercoated in anthracite (the colour I seem to have all of my wheels done!!)

[Image: IMG_196882033138692_zps75yytbum.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_20150215_181659289_zpsi4jh8gq0.jpg]

I have since gutted the cat, fitted one of our new EGR delete pipes, and gone further with the mapping now the clutch is properly bedded in. It's good for over 400lbft, but it'll need a bigger turbo before that becomes an issue (which incidentally I have already ordered from the supplier!)

I've also got a Forge FMIC in the unit, ready to fit - but there's not a lot of point while it's on the stock, baby turbo.. this will get done at the same time.

How the car sits at the moment:

[Image: IMG_20150215_181628481_zpszihw2b4b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150215_181645056_zpsawx9b1xp.jpg]

and lastly, after all the time, effort and money I've put into the 306 - I decided to keep it. He is tucked up safely in the unit for the moment:

[Image: IMG_20150216_173400656_zpszmd7ordp.jpg]

Cheers,

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Hmm, it's a Skoda.

I prefer the alternative bodies.. Ibiza looks much better IMO.

It also looks very faded?!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 10:55 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Hmm, it's a Skoda.

I prefer the alternative bodies.. Ibiza looks much better IMO.

It also looks very faded?!

It's not faded, it's an early one in Lemon Yellow, rather than the later ones which are much deeper yellow.

It is a skoda, it's bright yellow, and it's got lunar mileage on it... but it was very cheap - and required for development! Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Feel free to 'develop' on my N47 3 series? Wink

Skint but want a map!
Thanks given by:
Drop me a message, I'm sure we can work something out! Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
My mates just bought a polo 9n gt tdi basically same as this, nice car for certain but there's no excitement when giving it some stick. Guessing they go alot better with a remap? Can they just be mapped over the obd port? Or is it ecu out?

Thanks given by:
They are all EDC15p, they can all be mapped over the port.

GT TDi is actually slightly better than this, where the Fabia is a PD130, and the Polo is a PD130 - they are infact quite different...

The Polo gets a better turbo, Garrett rather than KKK, and has slightly bigger injectors (the same as the PD150) whereas the early ASV engined Fabias get a smaller nozzle.

The Polo will tune to 180hp and 300lbft all day, every day.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Still miss my PD130-180 Golf lol, remaps were only £40 and so easy to flash on them!! Not sure on the colour of yours (not that it matters for your engine work!) but I do like a Fabia VRS in black!
Thanks given by:
Nice, I do like these, considering one if I blag a company van
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 11:38 AM)jammapic Wrote: They are all EDC15p, they can all be mapped over the port.

GT TDi is actually slightly better than this, where the Fabia is a PD130, and the Polo is a PD130 - they are infact quite different...

The Polo gets a better turbo, Garrett rather than KKK, and has slightly bigger injectors (the same as the PD150) whereas the early ASV engined Fabias get a smaller nozzle.

The Polo will tune to 180hp and 300lbft all day, every day.

JP

How much is it for a map for one? I'll tell my mate about it cos hes looking at remaps

(17-02-2015, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Still miss my PD130-180 Golf lol, remaps were only £40 and so easy to flash on them!! Not sure on the colour of yours (not that it matters for your engine work!) but I do like a Fabia VRS in black!

£40 map? We're from guessing it's not a brilliant map?

Thanks given by:
Blacksmoke.co.uk

Generic maps but tried and tested and originally tweaked on a rolling road. Didn't have any problems with my map...it was all the mechanical parts that couldn't cope with the power lol.
Thanks given by:
Jp's maps are better...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha... that from experience Tom ;-)??
JP
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 01:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Generic maps but tried and tested and originally tweaked on a rolling road.  Didn't have any problems with my map...it was all the mechanical parts that couldn't cope with the power lol.

That's probably half the problem.. generic maps that spike, overboost and the like and kill engines!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 03:14 PM)Tom Wrote: Jp's maps are better...

Can't comment on which is better lol, JP wasn't mapping for other people when I done mine (3 years ago now!). So the choice was big company custom at £300 or blacksmoke at £40... Bugged Andy (blacksmoke owner) with emails for a couple of weeks checking things and to get EGR delete etc and got what I wanted for cheap...at the same time people on here were paying ~£100 for Steve and Whippy maps on 306s lol. Big Grin

The maps JP does for the HDi's are excellent though, and I'd have no problems trying his on other cars. Wink
Thanks given by:
Looks great jamma

Can't wait to see what you'll get this to eventually run Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 04:28 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(17-02-2015, 01:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Generic maps but tried and tested and originally tweaked on a rolling road.  Didn't have any problems with my map...it was all the mechanical parts that couldn't cope with the power lol.

That's probably half the problem.. generic maps that spike, overboost and the like and kill engines!

Or its because I mapped it with an already shit DMF and slippy clutch, and longlife oil had worn the camshaft and I ran the engine low on oil which finished that off completely... lol

I've used blacksmoke maps on many cars now for other people, from 110s through to 150s and they had no problems at all! More MPG and less smoke as well...the maps aren't as shit as you think lol.

It's a generic base map that was originally tweaked on a rolling road, and can be further altered if you want more than a standard S1. More than enough for a stage 1 though imo, Bosch didn't write a new map for each ECU so theres no need to have custom unless you've added parts, its no different to using a map from one HDi on another (although you do have to check ECU numbers with HDi's which is a pain).
Thanks given by:
Hmmm... Not sure I agree completely.

Lots of different ECUs in the VAG range, with different turbos, different injectors (even in the same cars!) And different emissions control.

That is the beauty of diesels though, throw some fuel in, air in and it'll make power. These "generic" maps you see do make power, but they are not very elegant, tend to be quite aggressive and don't give the same power as a proper custom map on a particular car.

That said, they are cheap, and for the seller they are money for old rope!
JP
Thanks given by:
Yeah they sell different ones depending on engine and ECU code - http://www.blacksmoke.co.uk/Online-shop(2675319).htm

Of course it won't be as good as a custom map, but everythings a compromise and for the price I really couldn't fault them. Smile
Thanks given by:
I had a monster Fabia vrs. Was a beautiful car. My 0-60 is on YouTube if you search for it!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
So when you say one of our clutches? I didnt realise you were manufacturing clutches now?
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 04:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The maps JP does for the HDi's are excellent though, and I'd have no problems trying his on other cars. Wink

I'm running one of JP's maps on a passat totally transformed the car I didn't fancy trying a generic map from black smoke even though they seem to be well recommended on ukpassats. 

Reason for going JP is he's happy to tweak a map every little bit to get the most out of it and to make the customer happy, I should know as Mcglynn off here JP and me sat to near 12 one night trying to sort out the map on my passat. 

Highly recommend him and I think there's a few folk over here now running his maps?
Thanks given by:
The blacksmoke maps definately have there place, for 40quid they're fooking excellent. Cheap easy power as said. I just wanted to know if better could be had, and well it can, but you do have to pay for it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Did some intercooling on this, and fettled the mapping. Goes really well now. [attachment=21781]
JP
Thanks given by:
looking good, I will be watching! you will raise hell once tuned!
Thanks given by:
A few more little treats for her today...

Seat sport front brace

[attachment=21808]

Whiteline rear adjustable arb.

[attachment=21809]

The handling difference is night and day... Its no 306 though!
JP
Thanks given by:
What's the power/toque difference now with the fmic on?

Thanks given by:
nice this mate but like the others not 100% on the colour but love what your doing to it plus its going to be a monster with the bigger turbo as oppose to the "baby turbo" lol
Thanks given by:
Its still a skoda.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Cleaned the little fella up this afternoon. Have done ALL the bushes, links, CVs etc and it drives lovely now.

Still yet to knock the CAT out, and fit the new turbo, its just being used as a daily for the wife ATM.

[Image: f7fca11fe967f7216c8a7fce76f43067.jpg]

[Image: 6d61b8e4399363a91075f2a4d60a916b.jpg]

[Image: d2cb374c1221c6400317a08651a169b2.jpg]

[Image: 9a132c00ee42af23941290e8bb51e1e6.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by: