Buyers remorse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyers remorse?
Anyone ever get this?

Picked up the 300D on Saturday, done about 200 miles in it since and I just can't get along with it. It just doesn't put a smile on my face despite being nice to drive, and I'm seriously considering putting it straight up for sale and going back to the 190E.

I can't understand it. It has a few minor issues, but so did the 190E, and pretty much any old car I've ever had, and it's never bothered me before, you just crack on fixing it don't you?

Does anyone get this? Reckon I should give it a few weeks?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah give it time. And try to figure out what's not quite right - could just be tyre pressures!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Feels like something loose at the back end, maybe camber arm bushes, just like a slight weave over bumps...

Besides that:

- Wipers won't park on intermittent
- Bulb failure warning light on but all working
- Fuel gauge wrong
- Drivers door lock jammed

All of the above can probably be fixed for free by cleaning contacts and greasing stuff, but can I be arsed?
Thanks given by:
I get that pretty much every time I look at the estate! lol Just haven't got the love for it that I had for the DT, niggly issues just aren't getting sorted.

Stick with it for now mate, make sure you won't regret getting rid....that's worse than buyers remorse! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My mrs bought wills Toledo had it two weeks and hated it. Then sold it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
In that case flog it, don't get the 205/weekend toy - use the 190E as a weekend toy & get a derv bus/406 estate/something similar for daily use/towing?
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 08:57 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: In that case flog it, don't get the 205/weekend toy - use the 190E as a weekend toy & get a derv bus/406 estate/something similar for daily use/towing?

2.1 406 tow machine... Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 08:19 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Does anyone get this?

Only every single time I buy a car...or anything else for that matter... lol

Wouldn't sell it straight away though, keep it till the end of the month imo, sorn and sell it then if you still don't like it.
Thanks given by:
Feeling this about my Honda, 9 months on, its a reliable barge, but I just dont enjoy it!

Time for a 9-3 convertible Aero Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I wasn't keen on my coupe for ages after I got it home, wobbly suspension, limp mode etc, got everything working and now love it.

Sort all the bits that need doing on the barge then if you still don't get on with it at least you can potentially get a bit more for it as a fully working car
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Sounds very similar to when I bought a 1990 G plate E34 530iSE. Had so many niggles to start with, plus it was the first RWD, biggest engine, and biggest car I'd ever had. Plus, I was used to driving a 205GTi so the drive was miles away.

But I tell you what, it is the best car I've owned or was (excuse the MPG though - 20mpg on a good day, singles if you're giving it some).

Would love another and not scared to admit that I'm always looking for an E34 535iSport.

Bulb issue you have, might be down to bulbs not changed in pairs. Had that on the ^BMW.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I had both case's last year buyers remorse when I bought the passat as it was to replace the 306 I liked the car but something just didn't feel right about it but I bought it anyhow, then the time came to sell the 306 the morning I sold it I hated to drive to meet the buyer still to this day I regret it but have to move on I suppose.

Think the problem with the VW is that it's bog standard so once I get it lowered etc ill begin to enjoy it I hope!
Thanks given by:
Had it with the mk2 for a few days, just kept thinking she's no bluey, and was hating myself for killing the old faithful. More so since the exhaust is blowing and it pulls really badly the left etc
Caught myself looking back at it the other day and thinking that's a nice rear end and know ill soon come to love it
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
You've hyped it too much to yourself mate and it's gonna become a case of never meet your heros.

Decide to fix all the niggles and actually take some time to enjoy it before making your mind up to sell it.
Thanks given by:
give it time liam, id be correcting those problems, but for the min, hang on to the 190e in case you decide to give this the elbow in stead.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 12:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You've hyped it too much to yourself mate and it's gonna become a case of never meet your heros.

Decide to fix all the niggles and actually take some time to enjoy it before making your mind up to sell it.

This.

I've had this feeling before; hyping something up to the point when you get it, you just don't feel that love.

Plus, it's a 190. Drove one of these once and I'd rather live in a 205 in comparison.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Its not a 190, its a 300D W124 Wink
Thanks given by:
Every single car I've bought I've had this feeling. Normally because the seller has my hard earned money and I've got a lump of scrap.
Thanks given by:
I drove a merc today for about 7 terrifying minutes. However i'd have kept it given the chance - most people probably would!

To be honest i've not always got on with all the cars I owned - the v6 406 coupe was a huge let down if you tried to drive it hard around any sort of corner. Corsa 1.2 8v 4 speed was also a low point, although to be expected. Give it a bit of time and don't expect it to be the same as your other car(s). Then keep/break/sell it.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I've put it up for sale, along with the 190. Which ever doesn't sell I'll keep for a while.

Fact is, the 190 is just a far, far better car.
Thanks given by:
What if they both sell... lol
Thanks given by:
If you like the 190 but aren't getting along with the 300, surely sell the 300 and keep the 190 until you find something you do like?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Liam you need this & a towbar for the caravan, 190 for the weekend!

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...leamington
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 buyers guide in PC magazine Bigred407 6 2,188 16-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  306 buyers guide check list DeeTurbo 6 1,442 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: cully
  My car a buyers market with out trying! Welshy_Pete 16 3,287 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete