forged rods xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forged rods xud
ive just sent an email to max speeding rods to get a price is anyone interested in a set of xud forged rods?
Thanks given by:
your standard rods would be better than those...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
no thanks i already have some Smile Smile Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 05:29 PM)eskimogod Wrote: no thanks i already have some Smile Smile Smile

how much did you have to pay for yours m8
Thanks given by:
They were around 400 wernt they? If i remember correctly...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 06:39 PM)Tom Wrote: They were around 400 wernt they? If i remember correctly...

where did you get them from what supplier
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 05:53 PM)vinny Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 05:29 PM)eskimogod Wrote: no thanks i already have some Smile Smile Smile

ive quickly tried to forget the price but yes 400 odd zx_volcane on here sorted me and a few others out with them 
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 09:30 PM)eskimogod Wrote:

ive quickly tried to forget the price but yes 400 odd zx_volcane on here sorted me and a few others out with them 

any idea who made em m8

(15-02-2015, 05:23 PM)welshpug Wrote: your standard rods would be better than those...

my mates got a set in his vw derv thats 240 brake been in there 18 months no probs

m8 could you ask x volcane where he got em from i cant message n e one i did send him a friends request so i could ask but he not replied yet
Thanks given by:
He got them made from max speeding rods off ebay...... The same supplier you've asked for them from, I belive you have to buy in sets of 3 from them at around £320 a set I think it was last time I asked them, but unsure if you get taxed on them when there imported.

Thanks given by:
cheers for that chris i did think thats probably where they came from as farndon rods wud be 800 to a 100 quid for a custom set

the ideal solution for a bullet proof xud if money wasnt a problem i would get some custom made steel pistons made by mahle with higher gudgeon pins and longer custom rods but probably very expensive
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 11:05 PM)vinny Wrote: cheers for that chris i did think thats probably where they came from as farndon rods wud be 800 to a 100 quid for a custom set

the ideal solution for a bullet proof xud if money wasnt a problem i would get some custom made steel pistons made by mahle with higher gudgeon pins and longer custom rods but probably very expensive

I thought fardon was cheaper than that tbh but I've never spoke to them, if the ones from max speed rods come to the UK for £320 think that's a good deal tbh. All tho there not the best quality I don't think any one has had any issues with them for the xud up to now.

Thanks given by:
they are not that bad i know my m8 has used quite a few sets in th e rover k series hesa proffesional engine builder hellier performance hes called. i think the killer with the xud is the ridiculous weight of the pistons 864g a rod and piston about 1.6 kilos

jason at hellier suggested i give arrow a call their steel rods are very good
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 11:43 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(16-02-2015, 11:05 PM)vinny Wrote: cheers for that chris i did think thats probably where they came from as farndon rods wud be 800 to a 100 quid for a custom set

I thought fardon was cheaper than that tbh but I've never spoke to them, if the ones from max speed rods come to the UK for £320 think that's a good deal tbh. All tho there not the best quality I don't think any one has had any issues with them for the xud up to now.

What makes you say they arent very good quality? Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 03:07 PM)Tom Wrote:
(16-02-2015, 11:43 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

What makes you say they arent very good quality? Undecided

If I remember rightly, some one here said about other people on other fourms having issues with them (not xud ones) but made by the same company. How I see it tho there half the price of UK made ones and as said i don't belive any ones had any issues with them in an engine so guessing that the xud ones are ok.

Any one running them on here done plenty of miles with out issue??

Thanks given by:
I would be interested if someone could set-up finance on them lol. Student budget and mega power xuds don't mix :/
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 01:30 PM)vinny Wrote: i think the killer with the xud is the ridiculous weight of the pistons 864g a rod and piston about 1.6 kilos

Just weighed my Rover L series conrod, pisoton, and gudgeon pin... near as dammit 1.8Kg, lol
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested in a set of rods if you're getting some
Thanks given by:
I'd also be interested in a set
Thanks given by:
Are these still being bought or am I too late?
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 01:30 PM)vinny Wrote: they are not that bad i know my m8 has used quite a few sets in th e rover k series hesa proffesional engine builder hellier performance hes called. i think the killer with the xud is the ridiculous weight of the pistons 864g a rod and piston about 1.6 kilos

Stock XUD pistons are around 800 odd grams too, 1.6 kilos is approx the assembly weight. Then the crank weighs around 4.2 tons.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FORGED XUD - new oil pump? dr_jekyll 2 1,240 30-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Forged Xud vs M-HDI pugtk 15 5,334 28-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  Forged HDI rods?? CJ_Derv 35 10,110 19-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Tom