Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit of veg and pump help please
Why would it starve it ?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280703440097?s...1423.l2649

I bought a shed load of them

Is it worth sticking one of these in-line with the standard fuel filter?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Dave, where the best location for these inline filters mate? Also, how do you bypass the filter housing; or do you leave it in, without the filter?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The idea is to sack off the shitty stock filter 'cos thats what causes the issues... Dosent matter where you put it as long as its before your pump ...

Mines just chucked in here...
[Image: IMAG1388.jpg]
Thanks given by:
...and how about bypassing the stock filter Dave?
Thanks given by:
Well he said get rid of it.. so I'd get rid of it :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Well he said get rid of it.. so I'd get rid of it :-P

im talking about bypassing it, if the inline filter goes before the pump, what about the piping going into and from the filter
Thanks given by:
Standard filter housing, remove the filter?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Standard filter housing, remove the filter?

this is what i asked up there ^^^^^^ phil... lol
Thanks given by:
Follow pipe back from the intake of your pump (the one that goes to the top of the fuel filter housing), and then find the one that goes from the back of the fuel filter housing, and basically put the inline filter between the two Wink bypassing the stock filter.....
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Follow pipe back from the intake of your pump (the one that goes to the top of the fuel filter housing), and then find the one that goes from the back of the fuel filter housing, and basically put the inline filter between the two Wink bypassing the stock filter.....

Ohhh I see, basically taking the stock filters place..?
Thanks given by:
That's the idea...

Might have to look into this, would mean setting up a completely separate fuel-heating system though...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Also, when installing, do we need to bleed the system after installing the inline filter? if so, how? Smile
Thanks given by:
No, just prime it as per.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Matty Wrote:No, just prime it as per.

prime it then start the engine as normal? even after leaking fuel when removing the hoses??
Thanks given by:
Yes. Must of took my inline filter out so many times. It'll be fine. Barely any difference in cranking time till it starts.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
Matty Wrote:Yes. Must of took my inline filter out so many times. It'll be fine. Barely any difference in cranking time till it starts.

Legend - and how often should they be changed? guessing they have a lot more direct impact from the fuel?
Thanks given by:
Well, to be honest. I haven't checked this topic out, just saw the last comments and I obviously assume the ol' advice of when running veg change fairly soon after starting to run on it. Wouldn't want to put a figure on how many miles until next change to be honest. But if you're going to run veg consistently, just change it more regularly than you would normally. - Haven't got a Haynes next to me to look at when they say you should change them.

Beauty of the in line, is that its just two jubby clip's and you're sorted and the filter's in terms of price are cheap so there's no reason to change them regularly. Though again, no heating. But meh, man up. lawl. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Fair one, but yes, you are correct with the latter of the conversation.

Finally, the filter linked previously will fit the standard fuel lines?

Could put some thermal insulation around the fuel line, but seeing as summer is coming, im sure it wont be cold enough to make any significant difference.
Thanks given by:
Yea, should do. I haven't got that exact one. However, looks fine. Go for it Tongue

Just get the ol' stanley knife out and kind of cut/trial & error the pipes until you get a set-up that looks all right and is fairly tidy if you're bothered about that Tongue
Thanks given by:
lovely mate - cheers!

fancy linking you're inline when you get a minute, saves 'umming' about whether it'll fit..
Thanks given by:
Trust me, you won't want the one I have. It's over £20 Tongue

If we're both on about...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280703440097? ... 1423.l2649

Then honestly, I reckon it'll fit fine. Doesn't give any hose dimension, but meh. Do it. Do it! :twisted:
Thanks given by:
peer pressured into it! Sad

£20 for an inline filter!? why?! don't they all do the same job anywho - or you sucking so much fuel now, you require specific inlines?
Thanks given by:
Yea, they do. Not sure why I did it to be honest. Random ebaying syndrome. I'm always doing it. "Oh that looks nice, Buy it now". ;DDDDDD

Good stuff anyway. Let us know if there's any probs ;DD
Thanks given by:
haha i suffer from that, just bought that inline, i'll see how i get on with it. should be fine! if my pump die's, i'll send you the bill whistle
Thanks given by:
ROFL... I'm emigrating to avoid this £60 bill ninja

Just literally, take the filter out etc. Take the fuel feed from the back of it (bottom of housing). Top of housing on the left, take that off, you now have a space between two hoses. Pop your hoses into your new filter. (checking the arrow on the filter for flow) Prime. Crank. Drive. Boost. Orgasm face. You get the idea.

But you might want to cut down you're hoses/move them about or what ever to make it neater as I said or what ever as there's no need to have your fuel hoses routing half way across you're engine when it could all be down the drive side like mine is.
Thanks given by:
I'm also assuming the arrow on the inline filter, is the direction of fuel flow :roll:

and basically, the inline filter takes the place of the stock, like so, this expert drawing should explain

[Image: 69k5H.png]
Thanks given by:
Quote:I'm also assuming the arrow on the inline filter, is the direction of fuel flow

Should answer...

Simple as you can get below and it would be fine. Smile

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
yeh, you're picture wins lol legend, thanks a lot!!

should hopefully remove the slugg i get at top rpm, tends to just "stop" when high fueling, from what i've read, it could be caused by bubbles forming in filter housing - as im running veg.
Thanks given by:
Lovely stuff.

Any problems, just shout.

Well, I just found I had annoying problems with it airing up a lot.

This just kind of eliminates any problems like airing up from the housing, and easier to change without having to bleed the housing etc etc etc.

Well, see what happens. ;D
Thanks given by: