Makes no sense!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makes no sense!
(14-02-2015, 09:07 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(14-02-2015, 09:06 PM)procta Wrote:
(14-02-2015, 08:47 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(14-02-2015, 08:45 PM)procta Wrote: just think of the second car as having a motor bike, but a little bit more expensive. But fun to have a tinker on with mind!

Yeah I would love that, have the track car but that doesn't cost me anything until it's being used/buying parts

see you are missing driving a piece of retro history there, When i my rover on the road, People would look over and even look back, i have had people say, fuckin hell! That's going back in the day! Mint to see one of those again,
So its great for the retro scene, probably more better for me having a retro motor than track car, as i cannot really see me doing enough track days, But the build would be f*cking fun to do!

Yeah to be honest I doubt it will be a lot of track days just mostly about the build 
still a hobby, who knows you might build a full blown racer! you have to say to your self, right i am doing a track day on said weekends and go from there, as there is only so much you can do to a car, while off the road.
seen a car get built up, then pulled to bits and built up again, and so on.  until the shell was f*cked or he had f*cked something.
mine really started to kick off when i put it on the road, so you have that to look forward to if you put a piece of retro back on the road. you drive an retro bmw, and you have that extra connection with it, due to the fact you say to your self, Yeah i built this back up and we are rocking on the road! Hell of a kick that is mind! also hearing it fire into life for the 1st time, can bring a tear to your eyes too.  
Thanks given by:
It's on a statistic of how many are crashed as well. Lots of young people buy a Dt tune the nuts off it and total it on a corner after thinking tyres like autogrip give actual grip
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Buy it and do a 3.5 conversion  or a 3.2 from an m3  Wink
Thanks given by:
Have fallen for it but my GF will kill me haha
Thanks given by:
Women come and go but project cars will get better and faster lol
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 09:39 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Women come and go but project cars will get better and faster lol

Haha lol that's great
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 09:33 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Have fallen for it but my GF will kill me haha

The other half just has to except it, end of! They cannot have it all their way!
Thanks given by:
My ex had this! Was cheaper for him to insure his bmw then the 6 crazy really!
Thanks given by:
insurances are on acid at times! I remember talking to a fella with a BX, he couldn't get his 20 year old daughter on his 24 year old BX as she was too young for the car! He was like the hell! all i wanted her was to go on a second driver!
Told them they were a joke.
Thanks given by:
do it, if its a proper iS then it'll be an appreciating classic, not as much as a 325 but its still a fun little car.

140 bhp 1.8 and around a ton means it wont be "that" slow.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 10:56 PM)Sian Wrote: My ex had this! Was cheaper for him to insure his bmw then the 6 crazy really!

Yeah it's bizarre! Really want it :/ emailed them asking what the price is. They vary from £500-£1500

(14-02-2015, 11:44 PM)welshpug Wrote: do it, if its a proper iS then it'll be an appreciating classic, not as much as a 325 but its still a fun little car.

Yeah it would be a great car for just cruising then give it some on B roads 
Thanks given by:
Where's it to? Didn't know if it was from Adams work they had a few for sale
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:03 AM)Sian Wrote: Where's it to? Didn't know if it was from Adams work they had a few for sale

It's in Gloucester 

I've decided I might not be able to get this one but I will have one in the next year or so. I absolutely love these cars 
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:10 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 12:03 AM)Sian Wrote: Where's it to? Didn't know if it was from Adams work they had a few for sale

It's in Gloucester 

I've decided I might not be able to get this one but I will have one in the next year or so. I absolutely love these cars 

no harm in researching, so you know what's out there! But bare this in mind, the cars like mine and like these are jumping up!
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 08:30 PM)doski Wrote: I was looking at insurance the other day 1300 for a Renault sport 182 but 1700 for a 2.0 hdi 407 wtf

Perhaps 407s are crashed a lot by those who drive them eg: large families and minicab drivers.

(14-02-2015, 11:44 PM)welshpug Wrote: do it, if its a proper iS then it'll be an appreciating classic, not as much as a 325 but its still a fun little car.

Plus RWD.
That's not really that different to an MX5 power and weight-wise. Not lightning fast but not a slouch and great fun.

I've always had a soft spot for these, but then I also want a capri, a 309 and about 20 other retro classics. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Have to admit I really can't stop thinking about this car haven't seen many on eBay and so on but sure some will pop up every now and then? 
Thanks given by:
You'll regret it if you don't buy it, guaranteed... Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 11:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You'll regret it if you don't buy it, guaranteed... Wink

I know I actually was led down last night thinking I won't find that car again. It's a sing that I seen it and fell for it. Never looked at a BMW before and wanted to have it. Must be a sing?
Thanks given by:
A sing? Presumably a typo otherwise I have no idea what you're on about. lol

But yeah, personally I'd go for it. Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 07:57 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Plus RWD.
That's not really that different to an MX5 power and weight-wise.Not lightning fast but not a slouch and great fun.

I've always had a soft spot for these, but then I also want a capri, a 309 and about 20 other retro classics. lmao

Yeah right!

The MX5 is AT LEAST 200kg lighter, has a better suspension set up and IIRC some or all of the 1.8 MX5s came with a LSD whereas very few if any of the BMWs did.

The only way you can compare the 2 cars is if you buy either you'd better enjoy welding as you'll be doing an awful lot of it if you buy either.

There are only 3 cool E30s, the 324TDS (with the OEM full mechanical bosch VE) the E30 M3 and maybe the 325is
Thanks given by:
You forgot the 320iS.

A narrow body small capacity S14 M3 engine, Italian and Portugese market only IIRC, tax laws at the time would have made a 2.3 or the later 2.5 prohibitively expensive so an S14B20 was made for them instead of an S14B23/25, 192 bhp 210 Nm.

there's less than 200 kilos in it, especially a 1.8.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:01 PM)welshpug Wrote: You forgot the 320iS.

A narrow body small capacity S14 M3 engine, Italian and Portugese market only IIRC, tax laws at the time would have made a 2.3 or the later 2.5 prohibitively expensive so an S14B20 was made for them instead of an S14B23/25, 192 bhp 210 Nm.
I didn't forget I deliberately omitted. Technologically they were some of the best engines as they made good power from the small capacity (and thus lower weight) but old BMW's never feel "right" with a 4 cylinder engine.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 11:50 AM)Toms306 Wrote: A sing?  Presumably a typo otherwise I have no idea what you're on about. lol

But yeah, personally I'd go for it. Smile

Yeah typo lol and Chris I'm not after it for power or anything just really love this car. A car doesn't have to have power to be loved does it? Otherwise why would we all have 15 year old French cars? We've made them powerful the same as people make these BMW' powerful. Or any car for that matter. 
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:12 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: and Chris I'm not after it for power or anything just really love this car. A car doesn't have to have power to be loved does it?

Not sure that approach works for Chris... lol

But I completely agree, to get one with a 'proper' engine itd cost a lot more, this is something different and something YOU are clearly interested in, so why do some numbers make any difference?
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 12:12 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: and Chris I'm not after it for power or anything just really love this car. A car doesn't have to have power to be loved does it?

Not sure that approach works for Chris... lol

But I completely agree, to get one with a 'proper' engine itd cost a lot more, this is something different and something YOU are clearly interested in, so why do some numbers make any difference?

Exactly people have a love for beetles and they have f*ck all power haha. This is something I really like but have no idea what a good price would be for one as the market is slim for these. I read that the 318is was made for 1 year and that was in 1991
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 11:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
That's not really that different to an MX5 power and weight-wise.Not lightning fast but not a slouch and great fun.

Yeah right!

The MX5 is AT LEAST 200kg lighter, has a better suspension set up and IIRC some or all of the 1.8 MX5s came with a LSD whereas very few if any of the BMWs did.

The only way you can compare the 2 cars is if you buy either you'd better enjoy welding as you'll be doing an awful lot of it if you buy either.

There are only 3 cool E30s, the 324TDS (with the OEM full mechanical bosch VE) the E30 M3 and maybe the 325is

I said they're not that different power and weight-wise, not that they're almost the same car.

A mk1 mx5 comes with a 1.6-litre/115bhp or a 1.8-litre/128bhp engine, being compared here to a 1.8 engine with 140bhp.

So, heavier, but with slightly more power = not that different power/weight-wise. Thus illustrating my original point perfectly: to those saying it is slow, consider that an MX5 manages to be very fun with a similar power/weight ratio.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:30 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 11:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Yeah right!

I said they're not that different power and weight-wise, not that they're almost the same car.

A mk1 mx5 comes with a 1.6-litre/115bhp or a 1.8-litre/128bhp engine, being compared here to a 1.8 engine with 140bhp.

So, heavier, but with slightly more power = not that different power/weight-wise. Thus illustrating my original point perfectly: to those saying it is slow, consider that an MX5 manages to be very fun with a similar power/weight ratio.

Yeah I think it will be a fun car especially as it's RWD if I was after power then I would be after something else. Just have a soft spot for these 
Thanks given by:
Nathan if its been bugging you like hell, and there isn't many for sale, Why don't you just enquire about it? Wont hurt you, you never know you might just buy it!
way the pros and the cons between the track car and this,
What are you going to have more fun out of?
How often are you going use a track car
How often are you going to use this?
and so on,
I tell you what mind, having a second car, that is road worthy is a blessing, as my little rover was the only car running in the family at one point! As my dads car wouldn't start, due to an injector fault, My HDI had fuel pump issue,
leaving us with the rover. So there has always been a car on the road.
So if the 306 acts up a little, you can still get on the road with a second car, and you are not worried about having to sort it quickly.
My dads jeep had another fault, and that fucker was off the road for months! So the 306 was used as the family runner, and procta had the rover.
Thanks given by:
Massively massively winning if you buy this. If you dont like it flog it in a few months & buy another 306! You'd love it though.
Thanks given by:
One of the guys at the garage bought it :/ he's doing an M3 engine conversion on it. On the plus side he knows someone who has 3 of them at a garage so he's going to let me know how much they are up for. 

I am considering a second car so my question is what would you guys say is a good second car under £1500 that will be fun to drive. Open to most cars to be honest. Not sure how I would work it insurance wise add a second car on my policy?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really makes you think. .... Day666 19 3,515 21-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Scanner makes Chris306 5 1,518 30-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Chris306
  This makes me sad! underground375 9 2,084 06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Wor Jimmy