Broken heater matrix pipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken heater matrix pipes
Changing my dads heater matrix i managed to break the pipes that connect the engine to the heater matrix.
Ive managed to fix the broken one with epoxy but now the two pipes are seperate with no way of securing them with the wee clip anymore.
Would they stay in place with nothing but friction keeping them fitted or would the water pressure force them off?

Thanks,
Anton
Thanks given by:
They won't stay there on their own. From experience of not pushing them in far enough for the clip to catch. lol
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 09:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: They won't stay there on their own. From experience of not pushing them in far enough for the clip to catch. lol

Thanks tom, not what I wanted to hear unfortunately. Il have to rig something up!
Thanks given by:
if there broke or damaged were they connect to the matrix cable tie them tight to the clip that sits on both pipes. thats what i did

without the clip i doubt the will stay tight. id get new pipes from the scrappy. i damaged mine two but i managed to cable tie them to the clip
Thanks given by:
I broke the clip on them so i just pushed them into place and went around with tiger seal. Never came bak out. Some stuff for sticking things Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 12:09 PM)Owen_G_ Wrote: if there broke or damaged were they connect to the matrix cable tie them tight to the clip that sits on both pipes. thats what i did

without the clip i doubt the will stay tight. id get new pipes from the scrappy.  i damaged mine two but i managed to cable tie them to the clip

(27-02-2015, 06:12 PM)daveylennon93 Wrote: I broke the clip on them so i just pushed them into place and went around with tiger seal. Never came bak out. Some stuff for sticking things Smile

Two rash heures lol
Ended up getting some pipes off a xsara of some sort and made them work.
I had contemplated stick them in though lol
Thanks given by:
Any way that sorts the problem. Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  96 Dt Heater Matrix pipes KilianManning 3 1,842 30-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Heater matrix help no heat :-( pioneer DJ paddy 6 1,998 24-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Heater matrix choice... Matt-Rallye 14 3,255 14-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye