Custom exhaust manufacturers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom exhaust manufacturers?
Hey all. Having decided what exhaust I want does anyone know some exhaust shops that can do mandrel bending and do a neat job?

Cheers, Jack
Thanks given by:
Location would help then we can tell you local places. For example bury st Edmunds near me at a14 exhausts. Will do a custom life time stainless. But it ain't cheap.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Midlands sort of area really but tbf I dont mind travelling anyway really. Just means I get to enjoy it on the way home haha Tongue
Thanks given by:
MIJ performance in Walsall, are ace been there many times over the years..
Great service at a great price.
Thanks given by:
I have heard lost of good stuff about them. I have also heard really bad stuff and seen photos as well haha. However definitly a lot more good than bad. Do u know if they do mandrel bent systems?

Cheers mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Been there 5+ times and every time I have been happy with the service.
Not sure about the mandrel bent systems mind.
Thanks given by:
I can build you a full stainless system if you come to me in Southampton. PM me if you're interested.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Have you got any photos of ones you have done before? How much would you charge for that sort of system?
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 06:39 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Have you got any photos of ones you have done before? How much would you charge for that sort of system?

I'll sort some out for you first thing tomorrow. And a price.. 2.5" turbo back with a "cat" and backbox yeah?

Thanks given by:
2.5 or 2.75" if possible. And yeah a "cat" haha. Back box nothing too restrictive just a nice neat outward rolled 3" or something to fill the bumper hole nicely Smile
What bends do you use as well?
Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 06:47 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: 2.5 or 2.75" if possible. And yeah a "cat" haha. Back box nothing too restrictive just a nice neat outward rolled 3" or something to fill the bumper hole nicely Smile
What bends do you use as well?
Cheers Smile

I'd recommend 2.5" unless you plan going above stage 2, but it's entirely up to you. I'd be using mandrel bends and welding them in as I don't have a pipe bender, it's a technique I've used several times before with good results though. 

I've found a couple pictures for you, both 3" straight through systems. The second one had a backbox added at a later date as it hadn't arrived when I made it. I can also add joins for you to make it easier to fit and remove.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8718]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=8566]

Thanks given by:
Fair play that looks good that does. How much would something like that cost? Pm if you want Smile
Thanks given by:
MIJ are a bunch of cowboys, used them a few times back in the day. John Ashley's is meant to be a decent place in Walsall
Thanks given by:
Try http://exhaustpartsuk.com who are just round the corner from MIJ, they make and supply a lot of exhaust parts and also do systems, very good guys to deal with in there Smile bought lots of bits n bobs from them.

I can recommend MIJ, used to live round the corner, found them very helpful and did a good job of my backbox. I would say pricing can vary here, I got a great price for my backbox but they wouldn't do the same for Anton when I recommended him there which was frustrating, I think they quoted him a lot lot more.

Ashley exhausts have a great rep but they're at the top end of the budget.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for john ashleys if you want a top quality system! Bit pricey but worth it.
Also LTC tyres and exhausts in Brierley hill is where I had mine done so cheap because I know them.
Thanks given by:
A decat for the 306 was well over £100 from MIJ but £80 from john Ashley fitted. They seem more passionate and know what they're talking about. It comes across that way anyway
Thanks given by:
Yeah john ashleys are more passionate. I remember them saying to my business partner that if he wants his finished in an hour then dont come because we like to make sure its perfect.
Thanks given by:
Where have they moved to now? They used to be opposite shell petrol station behind a performance shop ages back
Thanks given by:
Couldn't tell you off the top of my head, as I say I use ltc tyres amd exhaust because I get them so cheap
Thanks given by:
Johnny81191 if you can PM me that would be good Smile cheers
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 09:44 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Johnny81191 if you can PM me that would be good Smile cheers

Just doing you a rough price now and I'll get something sent over

Thanks given by:
Jonny if you are doing prices could you pm me one to please very interested in 2.5" promise it wont be as bad as the clutch cable last weekend ?
Thanks given by:
After last weekend you better quote this fucker double, Jonny.

lmao
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 01:19 PM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: Jonny if you are doing prices could you pm me one to please very interested in  2.5" promise it wont be as bad as the clutch cable last weekend ?

2,5" turbo back or cat back? And yeah, there's a surcharge for difficult customers Tongue

Thanks given by:
Haha but thanks guys so appreciate it clutch is perfect now best it's ever been ? but yeh turbo back mate.

(14-02-2015, 02:26 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(14-02-2015, 01:19 PM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: Jonny if you are doing prices could you pm me one to please very interested in  2.5" promise it wont be as bad as the clutch cable last weekend ?

2,5" turbo back or cat back? And yeah, there's a surcharge for difficult customers Tongue
 Will happily pay abit extra for the hassle it was only fair. Aslong as exhaust is cheap ???
Thanks given by:
I personally can't recommend longlife enough. Have one straight turbo back on the HDi, decat with a mid and a back box Bloody fantastic exhaust!
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Longlife are different people though arent they? Like a franchise? So one place could be great and another could be shit? It would depend on that specific dealer/technician making the exhaust...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 12:01 PM)Tom Wrote: Longlife are different people though arent they? Like a franchise? So one place could be great and another could be shit? It would depend on that specific dealer/technician making the exhaust...

It would but they do have to meet a certain standard and criteria before they're allowed to carry the brand/become a franchisee. Mine was done in reading and my god it's a fantastic job. The one in Worcester near me is also fantastic looking at the work done, I know ozonehostile is going there for his 406 coupe, if they do a bad job you just contact longlife to sort it out, but as far as I know the standards are set pretty high that the work is rarely shabby anywhere.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone ever had a custom exhaust manifold made? JTaylor2005 11 2,925 28-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  making custom exhaust rd070707 5 1,397 22-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Poodle