Replacing instrument panel, Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing instrument panel, Help!
I'm trying to replace the instrument panel on my wife's 2000 306 Hdi as some of its 'magic smoke' has escaped Big Grin

The original instrument panel still works (speedo, revs, fuel, etc) but as I know there are burnt tracks on it I'd like to replace it, I cooked it when I was trying to test the signal from the ecu to the glowplug warning light (ecu was unplugged at the time)

I have got another panel from another 2000 306 Hdi, the only difference is that it has red needles rather than white needles anyway when I plug it in only the oil level gauge & fuel gauge work, also when I put the ignition on the big "stop" light comes on but goes out when the engine is started.

I've tried pulling the shunt link in the fuse box with the ignition on and all the dials go round like they should but other than that they don't work right.

Are the instrument panels coded to the ecu ? and is there some special sequence I need to follow to get it working or have I just got the wrong panel ?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the wrong panel. From an older 306 if it has red needles, but odd that it came from a HDi. Is the sticker still on it? Should tell you the year and engine it was from.

The panels aren't coded to the ECU, should be plug and play with the right one.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2015, 10:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like the wrong panel.  From an older 306 if it has red needles, but odd that it came from a HDi.  Is the sticker still on it?  Should tell you the year and engine it was from.

The panels aren't coded to the ECU, should be plug and play with the right one.

Looks like I've been sold a pup!

The following numbers are on the sticker...

110.008/808/025   N3 D CPA DAD
Le 21/01/1998  a 15:10:10   Ctrl no 68
96  280  024  80

That looks like a date to me.... if you agree then I'll be contacting the fleaBay seller for a refund.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Okay the latest is I got a refund for the wrong panel.

I've now got a panel with the same date code as mine, but when I plug it in I only get the STOP and a few other symbols lighting up, none of the gauges work, even after I pull and re-insert the SHUNT.

Is there anything else I need to do or have I got a duff panel ?

thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1998 306 Instrument cluster failure ashley744 5 2,130 06-05-2020, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Instrument panel not not light up davie_b1972 3 1,770 18-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Instrument panel replacement, help Tiller 8 4,314 29-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Toms306