ICV Help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICV Help?
Right folks,

My Rallye is beginning to be a little temperamental with regards to settling to idle after revving.

A few times now the revs have fallen so low that the engine cuts out. Usually whilst reversing/manoeuvring but also once at a junction. Nice

Am I right in thinking that it could be the Idle Control Valve that will need a little TLC, clean up etc?

The real stupid questions are these... What does it look like? How do I remove/clean it? Pics would be nice aswell.

Many thanks :greetings-cya:
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Take it off and give it a bloody good clean. They can get quite dirty
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Lookie lookie, plastic box near your throttle cable.

Check that when you pull the throttle cable the valve moves smoothly.

[Image: 1360_steppermotor1.jpg]
[Image: 1360_steppermotor6.jpg]
[Image: sensorslocationsinengin.jpg]

Images used from 306gti6.com
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Excellent!
Thanks for the photos. Ill be giving it a good ole clean out later today.

Cheers bud
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
The bolts are a bit of a pain to get to, but persist and you'll get it done Smile

Definitely sounds like an ICV issue, so hopefully all it needs is a good clean.
Thanks given by:
Mine was doing the exact same thing, if i was stopping i had to make sure the revs dropped right down to 1kprm before putting the clutch in otherwise it just wouldn't 'catch' it and it would stall. I took the whole throttle body off and cleaned everything out with wd40, the ICV had loads of crap in there. Put it back together and it was fine for about 3 months - just started playing up again though on the way home from work last week. I think if it gets any worse i'll just get another one, can't be arsed cleaning it out again, especially in this weather.

It's not all the time though, sometimes it will stall at a junction and other times i'll put the clutch in at 3krpm and it will just idle perfectly.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by: