Central locking fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking fault
My central locking doesn't work at all, you can only open it with key in each door, can't lock boot. I have checked the wiring in the door all ok, swapped the control unit over, no difference, fuses all ok, any ideas???
It's a phase 2 Dturbo 3dr
Thanks given by:
sorry dude I'm a tyro on these cars........see all the threads on this subject as well as the guides....they may help.

I'm trying to find the owners manual bit on here for the alarm warning light positionBlushBlushBlush
Thanks given by:
Does the key itself work? Put the camera on on your phone and point the key at the lense and push the button on the fob. You should see the little light on the end light up white if its working
Thanks given by:
I have tried to search the faults on here but no luck with my C/L fault

The key itself doesn't work remotely, but it's got a Clifford 600 fitted so always used to use the alarm fob, maybe that's where the problem lies in the alarm??
Thanks given by:
if it has an aftermarket alarm fitted they normaly cut the control wires from the existing c/locking control box

your best bet is to get the clifford fob working
or
remove the clifford and revert the wiring back to std to see if the system still works
but they may have fitted the clifford cause the std system was broken

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I had the Clifford fitted, and was working prior to that, the Clifford pad works but doesn't unlock/lock the car, might try to bypass it and see what happens
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,095 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,262 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,597 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306