LDA grind?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LDA grind?
Just been looking at my new pump to get an idea of how they work and where things are, and I noticed the LDA pin looks a little different to standard plus it has DAN scribed on the bottom lol has this been ground and if so is there a chance it's been Gov modded? 
[attachment=21331]

[attachment=21332]
Thanks given by:
Not everyone that grinds an lda does a gov mod. Only way to know is either take pump apart or risk blowing engine by revving it really high
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Do you know who owned the pump before you? Just out of curiosity... Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 08:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Not everyone that grinds an lda does a gov mod. Only way to know is either take pump apart or risk blowing engine by revving it really high

I'll look at how to take it apart and may give it a go Smile  

(25-01-2015, 08:58 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Do you know who owned the pump before you? Just out of curiosity... Wink

Got it off Jamie he's on the forum Smile I'm buying a fmic setup off him tomorrow 
Thanks given by:
is it the same jamie thats got the supercharged 6?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 09:08 PM)kingy Wrote: is it the same jamie thats got the supercharged 6?

No I don't believe so, I've just noticed that there's someone on here called Dan who does LDA grinds so may be one of his Smile
Thanks given by:
Most likely, don't think he spends much time on here any more, but he did do a LDA grinding service for a while...he even offered to help me fit my Bosch to the DT, but I never managed to get that far with it! lol
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 09:12 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Most likely, don't think he spends much time on here any more, but he did do a LDA grinding service for a while...he even offered to help me fit my Bosch to the DT, but I never managed to get that far with it! lol

Fair enough Smile I'm trusting myself to fit my pump but really not 100% confident in fitting it lol
Thanks given by:
I'm not really one to say, but it shouldn't be that difficult if you've got all the bits required! My biggest stumbling block was that my pump needed rebuilding ideally before fitting, which is why it never happened. It got fiddled with (inb4giggidy) a few times, but never stripped it right down to clean and reseal. Sad
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 08:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Not everyone that grinds an lda does a gov mod. Only way to know is either take pump apart or risk blowing engine by revving it really high

You can tell if a pump has been gov modded as the throttle arm will feel considerably stiffer in the last 50% of its travel. Sometimes you can feel this through the pedal in the car, but if not its usually obvious when you operate the lever by hand in the engine bay.
Thanks given by:
From what I understand and have seen, the fitting is pretty straight forward, it's just getting it to start after. Some have problems as you can move the pump on it's mount to adjust the timing to get it to run right.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 09:20 PM)Dan! Wrote:

You can tell if a pump has been gov modded as the throttle arm will feel considerably stiffer in the last 50% of its travel. Sometimes you can feel this through the pedal in the car, but if not its usually obvious when you operate the lever by hand in the engine bay.

Yeah when I move the throttle by hand it moves around half way then becomes stiffer. Sounds like it's gov modded! Big Grin

(25-01-2015, 09:21 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: From what I understand and have seen, the fitting is pretty straight forward, it's just getting it to start after. Some have problems as you can move the pump on it's mount to adjust the timing to get it to run right.

Ah right hmm anyone wanna come help? Haha
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 09:20 PM)Dan! Wrote: You can tell if a pump has been gov modded as the throttle arm will feel considerably stiffer in the last 50% of its travel. Sometimes you can feel this through the pedal in the car, but if not its usually obvious when you operate the lever by hand in the engine bay.

And there's the man himself to prove me wrong! lol
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 09:33 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(25-01-2015, 09:20 PM)Dan! Wrote: You can tell if a pump has been gov modded as the throttle arm will feel considerably stiffer in the last 50% of its travel. Sometimes you can feel this through the pedal in the car, but if not its usually obvious when you operate the lever by hand in the engine bay.

And there's the man himself to prove me wrong! lol

Haha Dan was the one who did the LDA grind Smile so at least it's done properly. And by the sound of it it's been gov modded as well so I should be good for some extra power! Just need a better turbo now Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  11mm lda grind. Had a drive bashbarnard 9 1,703 03-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Last Post: pugmanxud