need more power!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need more power!
ok so I went to a meet last night with a few friends and decided to see how fast my little 1.4 could go, maxed at 105mph which I know is pretty good for a 15 year old 1.4, anyone got any good ideas how to get a bit more power? the main problem is I cant keep up with any of my friends haha
Thanks given by:
Get some better friends who dont go that fast?
I hope it wasnt on a public road doing them speeds, especially your mates who you couldn't keep up with.

Apart from that sweet f.a to a 1.4.. Bigger engine needed.
Thanks given by:
I'm planning on putting a bigger engine in at some point as I'm wanting to turn it into a track car, just needing more acceleration atm, and it was a short burst on a quiet road with no traffic, I wouldn't put anyone else at risk
Thanks given by:
You do know this is a public forum right? Doing 105mph on ANY public road - quiet or not - is a lousy idea, and certainly not something we would condone. If you must put yours and others lives at risk by driving like a plank on public road, please don't openly brag about it on here.

Anyway, regarding your question, there isn't really a great deal you can do to a 1.4 to make it that fast, financially speaking you'd be better off just buying another car with a bigger engine, as declaring an engine swap to your insurance can be quite costly.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
More power? If your irresponsible enough to brag about doing 105 then you need less power! Or your licence revoking.

The 1.4 isn't a great engine. Ive seen a few people turbo them to good effect but thats a lot of money and still sees you n the wrong side of 170bhp
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm certainly not trying to brag, how would you suggest testing a car? it's not financially possible to take It on a track just to test the speed, or am I supposed to buy land and build a road on it? like I said there was no risk to anyone else
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2015, 10:18 AM)mark94ink Wrote: I'm certainly not trying to brag, how would you suggest testing a car? it's not financially possible to take It on a track just to test the speed, or am I supposed to buy land and build a road on it? like I said there was no risk to anyone else

"And that your honour is why i was doing 35mph above the maximum limit int his country. Because i HAD to know what the top speed of my car was"
Dont think so somehow. If you want to drive like that, its not a problem. Just don't do it on public land. if you can't afford to go on track then you can't afford to drive at them speeds. You say no one else was at risk. Say you crash, chances are you will die which means putting emergency services at risk standing at the side of what i would imagine (hope!) was a 70mph road not to mention the amount of money thats wasted in doing so.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just buy a GTi6. But keep it's top speed to yourself. lol

Also, 105mph in a 1.4 really isn't a short burst, it takes ages to get there. Tongue
Thanks given by:
im not looking for an argument I was just wondering if anything can be done to the engine ive got atm, its not like I make a habbit of speeding, I just thought it was a good bit of road to see what the car could do so I could improve it
Thanks given by:
As has already been said, you can't really improve a 1.4...theyre good for cheap running but not for power. You can add a cone filter and exhaust for a bit more noise but theres nothing you can do for more power without spending loads.
Thanks given by:
You can get gains from the 1.4 but you'll have to throw much moneys at it, I had a lot of stuff thrown at my brothers off-roader buggy project ( has the same engine) and we managed 97bhp at the fly ( please don't start a dyno argument as I don't really trust them either)
Thanks given by:
Aint you gonna be a father? If so you need to NEVER speed.. And mature up tbh (sorry to sound like a twat) bigger priorities than ragging a 1.4 around.
Thanks given by:
chuck a gti6 in. it will do more than 105. so now your told u dont need to test it
Thanks given by:
Be selling my ported head/XS camshaft and manifold along with some other bits and pieces shortly, depends what engine yours is though as it's only any good for the SPi or carb models.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
The 1.4 is never going to be a power plant (without thousands chucked at it).

Buy a better engine or a better car altogether..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Right. Dont speed on public roads and certainly dont admit it on a public forum which is accessibly by your insurance company and the police.

As for the 1.4 I know a guy who has got 197hp out of his but that is with lots and lots of work. The unfonrtunate answer for you is just to get another car with a better engine. with 94 in your user name and acting like a young male driver I presume you were born in 1994 so youre 20 years old. I had my 1.8 when I was 20 so get that. Again youre not going to get any real power out of that. Ive spent in excess of £3000 on mine and only got another 15hp out of it.

What I really suggest for you is to get a hdi or a dturbo. Diesel economy, more torque and way more power than a 1.4. The mods are much better value for money.
Thanks given by:
You could get a BMW with any old 6 pot or any old japanese car with a turbo.

Or a DTurbo.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I had a 1.4 for a few months before I got bored of the lack of power. I now have a DTurbo and it's great had a few issues but it's worth putting money into it because it gives you power in return Smile I'm 20 and my insurance is the same on a modified DTurbo as it was on my 1.4  
Thanks given by: