Spike2002's Silver Six

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spike2002's Silver Six
Any idea how i can tell if the other mounts have been uprated? Looks like someone has spent abit of money on her at some point powerflex bottom arm bushes and nissens ally rad aswell Big Grin

Ive also decided to do away with the air con Smile
Thanks given by:
nice to see you're starting proper work on this now!

with the mounts, get a lever bar on the and see how much they move i guess, or see how much the engine moves under revving it?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Yh will do that mate Smile i wernt sure if they would have any part numbers or names exc on them.
The bottom one in pic looks like a grp n one to me just hope its got a full set fitted Big Grin

Engine should be out tomorrow i hope Smile then its clean the dirty bay up time Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well another eventfull day today Smile
[Image: 100_5319.jpg]
[Image: 100_5320.jpg]
[Image: 100_5321.jpg]

All was going well untill i got the engine out and found this
[Image: 100_5322.jpg]
[Image: 100_5323.jpg]
[Image: 100_5324.jpg]
Thanks given by:
got the engine built up today and the inlet painted Big Grin just wating for the clutch cam belt and aux setup to come now Smile
still got to pull parts back off it to paint them up yet Smile

[Image: 100_5329.jpg]
[Image: 100_5330.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you managed to sort out the engine mount yet? quite a common problem IIRC

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Noy yet mate going to try get intouch with daveyboy off the gti forum and get one of his kits and weld it in Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah right cool cool, shouldnt be to much hassel then, as long as your handy with a welder

Thanks given by:
It's quite a common thing I think, Ed's diablo was the same too.
Thanks given by:
Yh it does seem to be quite common esp on the bigger engined 306s Sad my dad is a very good welder so im sorted with that i could get him to make me the plate aswell but it will just save time and hassle if i buy the kit Smile
Thanks given by:
As some of you may know ive had thoughts of calling it a day with the 6 and breaking it for parts stull undecided :/

Bit of progress made tho started making the plate to fix the engine mount today will get pics up when its done Smile
Thanks given by:
March on through and get her done mate! TBH you dont actually see alot of silver 6's, you will love it more once you have put it back together than any car you have just bought and run!

I think its worth seeing through mate Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Thats quite true i havent seen many silver 6 around Smile i think im going to get her finished Smile and run her and save abit and buy a rallye aswell for use on the wkends and shows Smile
Thanks given by:
Dont understand rallyes these days, pay more get less. And all that to save the weight of a small child. Lol

just use that cash you would spend on a rallye to make it into a fast road 6 weekend blasted ans buy a dt with what youd save by not having to insure 2 xu10j4rs's . But thats allways going to seem like a good idea to me because thats what i did lol

Thanks given by:
small update on the repair plate Smile
still needs abit of bending but you get the idea Big Grin
also made 2 shims to stiffen up the top part of the mount.
[Image: 100_5331.jpg]
[Image: 100_5332.jpg]
[Image: 100_5333.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not much progress at the mo but got these will be fitted sometime next week Smile
bye bye aircon
[Image: 100_5354.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Legend... I need to get me some of this stuff Wink
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can lend u my reciept mate and you can take it down to sureparts and say i want this at that price Wink
you have to pay first and they get it deliverd for next day for you Smile
Thanks given by:
I got impatient and decided to fit the aux setup its not tensioned up yet as you can see Smile
[Image: 100_5379.jpg]
[Image: 100_5380.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not tensioned? dunno what youre on about mate, spot on! Wink ThumbsUp
lol

Thanks given by:
Cam belt and water pump fitted to the engine today Smile and rallye aux setup tensioned up and few other parts fitted Smile the engine is now ready to drop in the car. Just need to figure out what sensor a plug goes on then sort rack gator out and a drivers drive shaft and weld in the plate to fix the cradle Smile
Also ripped all the air con pipes out Smile
Thanks given by:
Fixed the mount cradle and added abit of stiffness Big Grin

[Image: 100_5410.jpg]
[Image: 100_5412.jpg]
[Image: 100_5413.jpg]
[Image: 100_5414.jpg]
[Image: 100_5415.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 100_5432.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tidy. much of a nightmare?

Thanks given by:
If you mean the manifold then yes abit of a pita to do took me a few hours to wrap it as evern as i could. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well abit of progress today engine is in Smile drivers drive shaft is fitted. Should be up and running tomorrow.

Currently at a&e due to crackin my forhead open while working on the 6 Sad will get pics up later Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude, though won't you get hotspots on the bare bits of the manifold?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The only bare bits is where it bolts to the head and where the cat bolts to the mani so i think it will be ok Smile its wraped quite even so i think all will be good Smile
Thanks given by:
Actually my bad just zoomed in and they are jubilee clips lol on my phone thought they were bare fanimold ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha easy mistake to make. Aslong as it doesnt set itself on fire i will be happy Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spike2002's V6 ecosse project spike2002 115 38,575 31-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Spike2002's sigma win spike2002 66 27,924 09-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Last Post: spike2002