1.8 xs overheating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 xs overheating
1.8 xs overheating in traffic,
any thoughts guys ??
Thanks given by:
Are the fans coming on? is there enough water in the system? are you losing water? right amount of oil?

Mine used to overheat but that was with no fans and after a while waiting in traffic at the dartford crossing.

Temporary solution... put the windows down and put the inside heater on max! If youre not going anywhere then turn the engine off. If you do start moving best to leave it in first for a while to make sure you circulate the water so you dont get any hot spots.
Thanks given by:
Yeh its got water/coolant and oils halfway up the dipstick, I dont think the fans kik in it runs at 80 degree when driving

Whats the best tyres for cyclones
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2015, 08:39 PM)jjenn20 Wrote: Yeh its got water/coolant and oils halfway up the dipstick, I dont think the fans kik in it runs at 80 degree when driving

Whats the best tyres for cyclones

wait... halfway between max and min? or literally half way up the entire stick?

80 degrees is nothing when driving... if its over 100 then start worrying and turning the heater fans on max...

Best tyres for cyclones? R888s Medium Compounds.
Thanks given by:
Half way between max n min, and yeh I have to turn heaters on when im in traffic, what profile tho
Thanks given by:
er... 55 is normal profile... 50 is cheaper and looks better when lowered.
Thanks given by:
Sweet gona get a referb n spray with new tyres
Thanks given by:
R888s overkill on an XS.
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
coolant looking rusty? might have a load of crap in the rad, maybe worth a good flush out and replace with some good coolant
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
take the fan switch connector off and bridge it, if the fan comes on they you could have a shagged fan switch, thats the first port of call.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by: