Hdi conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi conversion
I have a 1.9 nad dw8 engine in my ph3 estate and was just wondering if I were to put a hdi engine in do I just need the engine loom or would I need to het the whole lot up to the wiper motor??
Thanks given by:
id have thought the engine and loom tbh, with it been a phase 3, also a lift pump in the petrol tank?
Thanks given by:
Yea quite possibly a lift pump aswell k know what else I'd need it's just the wiring that's a bit iffy for me
Thanks given by:
also the ecu and the locking system what ever it is that is matched, the engine loom will be a sake of plug in play, un plug your old one and plug in the new one.
Thanks given by:
That's alright then. Yea get the keys, bsi unit to go with the ecu
That's alright then nice and simple conversion then :-D
Thanks given by:
what you want to do is buy a donor car, cheaper in the long run, plus you will have a few spares too.
Thanks given by:
Yea would be easier really but I got so many spares here already it's unbelievable lol. I can get an engine, gearbox and loom with ecu cheap and I bet I got everything else here lol
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 08:18 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Yea would be easier really but I got so many spares here already it's unbelievable lol. I can get an engine, gearbox and loom with ecu cheap and I bet I got everything else here lol

be easier tbh I would if I were doing that conversion. The rest you can just give the elbow, or sell on.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 08:18 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Yea would be easier really but I got so many spares here already it's unbelievable lol. I can get an engine, gearbox and loom with ecu cheap and I bet I got everything else here lol

to be far if he gets stuck i have that many hdi's laying about or in bits that he really wouldnt have far to go for anything if he was desperate lol
Thanks given by:
Easier to xud it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea I know but would like to hdi it don't know why I just do lol. I got my 205 for xud power and if this was an xud I would have to start playing with it lol. Haha yea that's true Dan have you got a full setup laying around as you are only around the corner lol
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 10:26 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Yea I know but would like to hdi it don't know why I just do lol. I got my 205 for xud power and if this was an xud I would have to start playing with it lol. Haha yea that's true Dan have you got a full setup laying around as you are only around the corner lol

aggy i have always got stuff lying about you only need ask, i have gone bit overboard lately buying hdi and 306 stuff cant seem leave them alone when they are cheap.

if you need owt mate just drop us a message and ill see if i have it, which i more likely will

what happened to connor's car?
Thanks given by:
Long as it's a Ph3 car you're going to, you should be fine. Easiest way is to de-immob the ECU, but would be a case of putting the correct sender unit with lift pump in the tank, the wires for it should already be there, rest of it is plug and play, shouldn't even need to fart about with dashboard.

But as said, easiest way is to de-immob it to be certain.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yea if I couldn't get the keys and bsi unit I would de-immob it that's good to know about the wiring. It's on a V plate so is a ph3.
Dan Connor just come round and took it think he's scrapped it now. Yea I'll give you a text sometime closer to when I'm swapping you still got the same number??
Thanks given by:
ah right should offered him scrap on it aggy, perfect donor vehicle then
yeah still got same number mate just drop us a text and ill see what i have kicking about at time as im getting moaned at about the new scrapyard i have opened, having see if i can find a workshop somewhere or a barn and its not going well
Thanks given by:
Right so I've got a hdi with a smashed back end going to strip the car of the engine and everything soon as can't keep the car to long. As I've got the bsi and chip I won't need to unlock the ecu? Also do I just need the wiring to the rad or all the way to the wipers, also I have extra wires at the fuel pump so think I'm ok there aswell
Thanks given by:
Can anyone help
Thanks given by:
Tbh i'd take everything you MIGHT need and worry about whittling it down later, at least then you won't be caught out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yea I will do. I just wondered if I need to swap all the loom or just down to the radiator as I'd rather not change it all the way to the wipers if I can help it
Thanks given by:
you shouldn't need to change the whole front loom, just the engine loom as fr as I know.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
De immob then fit a multi connector to the output side of the ECU. You then connect things like glow plugs, coolant temp etc... to the original loom.
Thanks given by:
I have got the whole car I'm going to use the bsi and put the chip in my key. I want to keep it oem as possible I don't want to start chopping about if possible

That's the awnser I was looking for welshpug ;-)
Thanks given by:
This is very handy-
Thanks given by:
That's a great help uberderv cheers buddy
Thanks given by:
So got the engine in today and fires up fine only issue I have Is the Rev counter is reading whatever it likes but still need to put the hdi clocks in and my remote central locking dosn't work will I need to use the keyfob from the donor car??
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2015, 12:21 AM)aggyj17 Wrote: So got the engine in today and fires up fine only issue I have Is the Rev counter is reading whatever it likes but still need to put the hdi clocks in and my remote central locking dosn't work will I need to use the keyfob from the donor car??
a bit late, I would use the keyfob from the donor car, as the systems maybe tided in with the fob. also double check everything, wiring wise too.
Thanks given by:
Haha yea I tried the one from the donor and works fine now lol. Just the slight abs issue it works fine but the light don't come on then off
Thanks given by: