tud bad running after collision with a deer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tud bad running after collision with a deer
Hi I'm posting about my brothers 106. He had an incident with a deer in Scotland over the weekend at 60mph. This has caused a bit of a lot of damage as you can imagine. It looks bad, but its almost worth fixing. Maybe. 

The thing that makes the difference is it's now running very badly. It just about starts but idles very lumpy, and black smoke out the exhaust. Not a constant stream but every time it "lumps" another thick puff comes out. Part of the impact did send the slam panel and radiator onto the fuel pump. Also when it's started, when trying to rev, it will pick up by about 200rpm for about 15 seconds, then splutter, then die.

I think there's one of 2 (or both) causes. Either it's hit the pump that hard it's rotated it therefore sent the timing out (if it's rotated it, the top has gone backwards when looking from the front, so if that would advance the timing, we know it's not that, but if that retards it, then we've got hope). My other thought is it's hit it that hard it's damaged the pump internally so the regulator or governor or whatever the thing that controls fueling is called, has as good as bitten the dust. 

Anyway, I looked last night and couldn't see where to loosen the pump to rotate it. Looking at Haynes it sounds like pump timing is adjusted in the pump. But something is nagging me and wing settle, so I thought I'd ask, how is pump timing adjusted on a tud with a Bosch pump. And does my unqualified assessment sound any good?
Thanks given by:
highly unlikely the pump has moved or been damaged.

most probable cause is running with a shot radiator and blowing the headgasket, or just a fuel leak.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
No as soon as he hit fee stopped. Was parked up for 3 days waiting till I could recover him. There's no air in fuel lines and no sign of fuel leaks anywhere either. I'd doubt it's a fuel leak anyway as it's over fueling and flooding
Thanks given by:
A similar thing happened to me so I'm sure i can help you with your problem. The loin makes an excellent roast, i'd keep the cooking time down so it stays nice and juicy. Venison leg meat however can be rather tough, so i would consider using it for a game pie or casserole, or similar. Feel free to PM me if you require any recipes or inspiration.
Thanks given by:
He didn't hit the f*cking thing hard enough :-(
Thanks given by:
You just loosen the pump bracket bolts and pull it towards you. Have a look at Darren's vid about 18 minutes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfiyZzhIfM
Thanks given by:
That's an xud. My brothers is a tud (106)
Thanks given by:
Apologies. I had it in my head they used similar system. Maybe this link will help you:
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/i...tm?t=85447
Thanks given by:
Have you checked the timing all lines up perfectly?

Could have jumped a tooth or two in the collision maybe?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
From memory, on these motors the pump doesn't adjust on the bracket, they are adjusted by a vernier pulley...

It sounds to me personally like the timing belt has slipped on the pump pulley or that those bolts on the pulley itself have released - it's not that uncommon in an accident. Get the belt covers off and see if you can line up the timing holes, there's one in the pump, cam and the crank times up by a hole in the front of the block, a 6mm Allen key from memory does the job there Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: