not good with these..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not good with these..
bought a HDI earlier with a TD04, 330 injectors etc while my VXR goes away for a while

Cuts out under hard acceleration and won't start unless you leave it for 2 minutes

Any ideas before i weigh it in?
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Could be a few things, might not have been remapped properly, could be the lift pump isn't up to it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll plug it in tomorrow see what it says, if it says anything lmao
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Strip for parts, surely.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
TD04 on a HDi? Why? Confused
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 10:33 AM)Toms306 Wrote: TD04 on a HDi? Why? Confused

Because bigger blatantly means better >.>

Tried explaining to an xud lad that a td04 isn't the best match for an hdi. Wasn't having it.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
If they're mapped properly they aren't too bad to be fair, but they need to be revved
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So whats the point? Taking away the low end pull to gain top end? Buy a petrol if you want revs and top end pull. Tongue Or VNT it if you want a compromise of bith. Wink
Thanks given by:
Powerrrr! Is the point is guess, but considering a stock turbo will do 160hp and spool quickly, I personally wouldn't waste the effort.
Thanks given by:
It's actually not that bad, it goes really well for a HDI then it cuts out lol
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Its probably still using the original hp pump which wont be able to handle the requests being made and also it wont have 330 anything injectors in it.....
Thanks given by:
Is the r70 pump suggested on this figure of power? Or is that the one off a 330.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 12:34 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Is the r70 pump suggested on this figure of power? Or is that the one off a 330.

All I was told is that it had 330d pump (?) either merc or BMW injectors (?) I know it has a TD04 cause I was there when it was fitted..

I don't really care if it don't have the injectors or anything really, I paid £300 for it with coilovers, lowered gti6 beam, cyclones with good tyres, FMIC etc

Just want it to not cut out when I rev it hard lmao
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 12:59 PM)Dicky Wrote:
(18-12-2014, 12:34 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Is the r70 pump suggested on this figure of power? Or is that the one off a 330.

All I was told is that it had 330d pump (?) either merc or BMW injectors (?) I know it has a TD04 cause I was there when it was fitted..

I don't really care if it don't have the injectors or anything really, I paid £300 for it with coilovers, lowered gti6 beam, cyclones with good tyres, FMIC etc

Well its cutting out due to lack of fuelling by the sound. I'd either look into new pump/injector combo. Or get someone to map it to a comfortable power to stop the cutting out.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 01:00 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(18-12-2014, 12:59 PM)Dicky Wrote:

Well its cutting out due to lack of fuelling by the sound. I'd either look into new pump/injector combo. Or get someone to map it to a comfortable power to stop the cutting out.

I'll have a look at that first and try the map, thanks pal Smile
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
If it's the one i'm thinking of it does have 330d tips on it, at least the lad who had it built for him is convinced it does.

I'd suggest having a look at the lift pump for starters. Find out if the hp pump was refurbed if you can, i seem to remember it was a scrapyard job. If it's not a refurb that's probably the issue, but check lift pump first as that's a lot cheaper to replace and then easier to sell on if it doesn't help.

And for anybody confused; the 330d pump is an r70 pump, however theres no point using it because it needs modding to fit and theres one that gets fitted to the 2.2hdis thats a direct fit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 01:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: If it's the one i'm thinking of it does have 330d tips on it, at least the lad who had it built for him is convinced it does.

I'd suggest having a look at the lift pump for starters. Find out if the hp pump was refurbed if you can, i seem to remember it was a scrapyard job. If it's not a refurb that's probably the issue, but check lift pump first as that's a lot cheaper to replace and then easier to sell on if it doesn't help.

And for anybody confused; the 330d pump is an r70 pump, however theres no point using it because it needs modding to fit and theres one that gets fitted to the 2.2hdis thats a direct fit.

I don't get this, it's essentially the same pump but in the BMW it flows over 200hp of fuel stock and can quite happily cope with 260hp. But apparently the 2.2 HDi R70 flows 17% more than a stock HDi 90 pump? But a stock 90 pump seems to be at it's limit at sub 200hp
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 01:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: If it's the one i'm thinking of it does have 330d tips on it, at least the lad who had it built for him is convinced it does.

Fault codes that were found;
Crankshaft Sensor
Fuel Pump Primary
Glow Plug circuit

I'll get these done first as I know for a local hdi breaking and get the lift pump at the same time
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
It will be cutting out because the fuel pump can't keep up with the fuel pressure demand.
This can be several things, blocked regulator, blocked lift pump, blocked fuel filter, knackered high pressure pump, knackered injectors, fuel pressure set too high in the map.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
yeh its a fuel pump issue. Jonny has the same problem with his estate at pugfest.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 04:42 PM)pro_steve Wrote: It will be cutting out because the fuel pump can't keep up with the fuel pressure demand.
This can be several things, blocked regulator, blocked lift pump, blocked fuel filter, knackered high pressure pump, knackered injectors, fuel pressure set too high in the map.

I need some help please,

Can you tell me where to find the regulator?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2015, 02:26 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(18-12-2014, 04:42 PM)pro_steve Wrote: It will be cutting out because the fuel pump can't keep up with the fuel pressure demand.

I need some help please,

Can you tell me where to find the regulator?

look in the end of the hp mate, two torque bolts hold it in Smile
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye