306 Ariel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Ariel
Hi all
Does anybody know if the Ariel on my phase 1 306 xld 1994 can be removed from the car at the roof outside. I know the whole Ariel can be removed from inside the car via the inside light but i am just wanting the long Ariel  arm off as I am intending to  cover up the car for the rest of the winter

cheers
martin
Thanks given by:
If you mean just the antenna and not the base then yeah it SHOULD just unscrew
Thanks given by:
as above, it unscrews . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: Seaspray
It should but in most cases it'll be corroded together.
Thanks given by: Seaspray
Thanks lads I've had a good look at it and there seems to be a joint which to me means it should screw out. So a couple of days of WD40 before I try and unscrew it.

Martin
Thanks given by:
Hi Lads
I had a good look at it and notice a joint where it may unscrew. Took it down to my local garage to see if I unscrewed it could he fit a complete new unit incase it broke. Next thing I know he has the antenna screwed off. Speechless : Now I can cover the car to try and protect it from this Scottish wet winter. The car has spent 18 years in Kent which is a lot better weather.

Thanks lads :

Martin

Now all I have to do is find a inner rubber splash guard for the rear nearside . So far its like trying to find a needle in a haystack. 
Thanks given by:
Any phase 3 3 or 5 door should have one.
Thanks given by:
cheers DeeTurbo that opens a few more doors
Martin
Thanks given by:
I took a chance and contacted the Peugeot main agents. The bloke on the phone took sometime to locate the part (inner splash guard) and verify that it was available in 2 days. My old boy goes in to get it fitted Friday. It has took me 2 years to fit the part another main Peugeot sometime ago said it was obsolete which put me off the search. Thanks DeeTurbo your reply prompted me to continue the search. Cheers mate.

Martin

Now the search is on for a replacement phase 1 or same like Steering Wheel.
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28304

Phase 1 s16 wheel?
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 09:29 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28304

Phase 1 s16 wheel?

Cheers mate Its a 2 spoke wheel I am looking for to keep car's originality  if poss
Martin
Thanks given by: