Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 staring a Peugeot 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 staring a Peugeot 306
Argentina's president is using the Falklands dispute to unite her country in hatred towards us, to deflect attention away from the crippling problems Argentina faces domestically. It was the same with the military dictatorship in 1982...

Fact is, I don't care about the UK losing sovereign territory. I despise our history of colonialism, my family suffered awful treatment at the hands of the British Empire, as did most of the territories we conquered and enslaved, but the Falklands are different - those people WANT to be a part of the UK, and so we have a duty to support them and protect them. That episode shows 1/10th of what the Islanders would suffer if they became a part of Argentina.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Just finished watching it.

Both me and mrs Piggy very chilled to the bone over it. Mob violence is terrifying...must have been wetting themselves. Such a shame

Havnt endeared me at all to the country now...and it looked amazing till that point too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It was crap. We bought some amazing cars and then we drove them on stupid roads and complained when they broke.
An identical lotus is for sale and its £33,000! The porsche and mustang must be 8k+. Utter waste of cars.

Also the number plate on the porsche.... massive coincidence isnt it....

Yes mob culture very scary all caused by one twitter post which escalated.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 09:18 AM)SRowell Wrote: Also the number plate on the porsche.... massive coincidence isnt it....

Coincidence yes but considering the plate looked old and was using the pre 2001 font it must be at least a pre 2001 plate, its not like they bought a deliberately provocative plate and transferred the reg and I can't see that they went out looking for a V8 for the show and waited till they found one with an iffy plate to buy it.
Thanks given by:
James May was on Absolute Radio shortly after it all kicked off in the news and he was saying it was virtually impossible for them to find a car on purpose with that plate on it meeting the criteria for the challenge. Also, several people have proved via HPI checks that that plate is original to the car from the day it was registered. It was a coincidence plus it was quite clear that the violence was just an excuse for violence (much like the riots we had in London a few years back). The fact they were saying that the numbers in the other two cars reg numbers were similar (not the same, similar) to the numbers of people killed were also done on purpose to provoke the violence is just absolutely ridiculous. Just typical mindless violence which seems to be happening more and more these days!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Didnt see it!
just here waiting for Kezzieboy to comment

[attachment=20813]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
They just can't let it go, for gods sake there's road signs up in the country proclaiming their ownership to the islands.

The sodding country is inhabited by the damn Spanish anyway and they have the brass neck to tell us to return the place to 'rightful owners'

Those hippocrits treat the indigenous population as third class citizens.
Thanks given by:
Caught up on Iplayer. Loved the Mustangs Mad-Max-esque makeover. Those Argies are a sensitive bunch I must say, Shame they had to leave the star cars bet they got ripped to bits.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
It was dire. Still recycling that format and re-using the same 'jokes' - watched it hoping they'd have sorted it out but was disappointed again.

The only way the number plate thing could have been a set-up is if they spotted the Porsche for sale and chose the other vehicles to go with it. Seems entirely likely to me.

Don't get me started on taking a late Esprit over there!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Only just caught this today. Was disappointed tbh. The ending however was mental. For the crap those boys have done in the arse end of the world and never had anything like this. Yet they visit a supposedly half way development nation and they get this shit. It's crazy scary. There's a difference between patriotism and nationalism. The latter was very popular in German in the 30s and its a scary thought!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2014, 10:42 AM)Niall Wrote: a) I'm sure he said he was in a car capable of sitting comfortably at 170. Not he was doing 170
b) show me a road in the UK where you can reach 170 and sustain it? Wouldn't be able to do so on most motorways in the middle of the night let alone the day time.

A1M between peterborough and huntingdon...   only place i can really think of,  well lit, flat, and very straight for the most part, or looooong curving bends.. 
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
You can't do 170 at night if the motorway isn't lit as your headlights don't see anywhere near far enough
Thanks given by:
Finally watched part 2 last night, having been abroad for 10 days.

Bloody brilliant, best episode of TopGear in ages, had me chuckling most of the way through. Seems a shame to have destroyed those cars, which I noticed they didn't mention the price of (it wasn't a V8-for-under-£5k challenge, or anything), but it was very good nontheless. I also thought the ending was portrayed fairly and accurately, and found it quite amusing that after all Jeremy's talk, he just sat in a hotel while some poor bugger had to drive the car that was the target of the attack.

Mob violence is terrifying, because it's been proven time and time again that the vast majority of the population are susceptible to it. Not just politically motivated people, not just men, not just violent people, not people from any particular religion or group, not any particular nationality. Almost ALL of us. People at a legitimate protest chuck some eggs, some blokes chuck rocks, everyone gets swept up in the herd mentality and joins in. Before you know it people's lives are at risk, it's horrible and I bet a lot of the people involved regret their actions with hindsight.

But yeah, I thought it was very good. Good work, Beeb.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  its that special day !!! daddyfixit 5 1,605 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  its that special day !!! daddyfixit 14 1,779 17-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  its that special day !!! daddyfixit 6 1,463 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: 7057sam