Accord Aerodeck XUDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accord Aerodeck XUDT
no, no, advice and suggestions are always most welcome.
I assumed it was going to be expensive. Piggy piped up saying it's only 50 quid but didn't get back with a tip from where.

I'd like to do it all myself, so if I can get the bits to convert the shaft....
But since the Honda shaft is solid and the pug shaft hollow (from what I've seen on research), machining the honda shaft to fit inside the pug "sleeve" then both butt and plug welding the two together and balancing is certainly do-able.

Just I don't have a lathe or balancer yet Smile
Thanks given by:
Too frikkin cold to work on this.
Been in the garage splitting shafts down further and also starting to clean up the turbo.
Can't get the turbine housing off to inspect the VNT mech.
Several spots of pent fluid applied and still no go. Heating to be next step.

Like how it says volvo on the comp housing. So that's a PSA engine in a Honda with a Volvo turbo.
When I make it to five marques worth of donor bits, I'll be a happy bunny Smile

Seen the prices of the dual pass IC's that people have been using and was quite surprised.
But have spotted a few cheshire tractors with big IC's that will do the job and are reasonable. Donor car #4 likely to be VAG Smile
Thanks given by:
its been too cold to do anything! how long will it take you to see if it runs?
Thanks given by:
Define runs? Smile
I could hang the engine from a crane and turn it over Darren style.
But for heading off for an MOT (it ran out yesterday I think) then I set a target of May for on the road and replacing my passat as a DD.

Got to finish solar thermal house install & new DHW cylinder.
And I'll have to start working on my shuttle too around March time for it's MOT and to get that damn project finished.
Plus draw up the plans for some building work to hopefully start around July-ish.

Not a lot of time really !!

Once it's running and it's ok mechanically, then I'll start arsing on with suspension (coils or bags not sure yet) and tarting up scratches and stuff, refreshing trim/updating bits, modding the headlights to make them more modern, adding bracing and alignment adjusters, sub build amp/head unit install and speaker upgrades, second tank (for diesel/veg switch over), swirl pot system in the bay, heated seat retrofit to keep mrs happy, 4 point "dash cam" and a clifford with remote start.
Thanks given by:
well it running in the car, don't do a Darren! that boy is derv mad!
Thanks given by:
Time for some PG2 pics.

Start with a turbo and strip bits off it:

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0B5F7BwTGdHnTLU9OVUFXb3RHYms]
[Image: uc?export=view&id=0B5F7BwTGdHnTRi1PZFh5Z0I5QjQ]
[Image: uc?export=view&id=0B5F7BwTGdHnTRUg3VnVBUkxFbFU]

All pretty clean but now it's really clean.
Measured up the turbine exit flange, turns out it's the same size as a commonly used VAG flange and I can port the exit a little bit so it will be 2.5" exit, DP and exhaust.
Inlet flange will need making so am searching for some 8mm steel before giving in and buying it off ebay.

The gaskets for this sucker run at 12quid a set from ebay so will try to find something for less (trip to volvo?).
Figuring out the bits I'll need to buy for oil drain and feed adaption from the stock locations.

Removed the tubby and fanimold from the back of the XUD.
Next test fit will be without which should mean I can get the right alignment front to back without hitting rear x-member and also measure up the CV's and figure out if anything will need cutting.
Hoping to hang the engine in the bay this weekend and not have to take it back out again. Bloody nice to have some garage space back. Also might shove the accord engine under the 306 somehow as also epically in the way.
Then it'll also make it easier to fanny on with sizing up the exhaust manifold and if there is room for a xantia intake or custom !

Obligatory turbo comparison shot:

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0B5F7BwTGdHnTbndqbjZwRnFCMDg]

Wonder if this will fit in a passat.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  405 XUDT StokesPug 8 2,868 20-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Last Post: StokesPug