fuel leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel leak
Exclamation 
have a fuel leak on my 306 hdi estate. i believe its a overflow pipe but the pipe could meant to connect to something?
comes from this pipe at the bottom of the engine
[Image: EBD6F861-043F-46B3-B974-02D2058C9F20_zps7q3onar1.jpg]
If it helps i recently gave this a service including fuel filter replace. sometime when starting it starts then when let go of the key it cuts out. glow plugs have been replaced aswell.
Thanks given by:
The pipe doesn't go anywhere, its just to let slippery diesel drip on the road, ideal system. lol

Did you drain the fuel filter housing with the plastic screw/bung? If so, that's probably now damaged and leaking.
Thanks given by:
yeah i drained it mind you did forget to put it back at first haha was pissing it out then remember and screwed it back in. surly if it was damaged it would leak from there and not the pipe? and quite a bits coming out. drop a second id say
Thanks given by:
look under the bonnet to find where that pips comes from........also look at the stub coming from the bottom of the fuel filter, any drips from there?? a short bit of pipe bunged and clipped to the fuel filter stub may stop a leak there but a new seal for the "drain plug" would be good, they seem to develop a "flat" and leak..........bits came out, brassy bits?? info gained from on here would suggest a tank fuel pump problem.......but I'm still a 306 tyro....
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 10:06 AM)Leemus Wrote: yeah i drained it mind you did forget to put it back at first haha was pissing it out then remember and screwed it back in. surly if it was damaged it would leak from there and not the pipe? and quite a bits coming out. drop a second id say

Theres nothing in the pipe, its just a 'run off' from that plastic screw so it is leaking from there lol.
Thanks given by:
The pipe is the drain from that filter housing drain plug lol. You've probably overtightened it, can pick up a new one from pug for a couple of quid, should solve it if you haven't damaged the housing. Just needs nipping up!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enough of a leak to be a concerning boost leak? MY95 27 3,970 14-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Hdi estate - fuel leak mad306man 9 2,868 27-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Last Post: C2K