306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
managed to get a fair bit done on car over weekend , made some spare kevlar rear arches and some carbon / kevlar arch guards , as with thinking about doing rallying again am going to make full set of spare panels , also cleaned up all shocks and painted , fronts ready to be built after full overhaul ,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
hi ,haven't been on forum for a while as not had much time with work , and haven't had much time to work on car , but first time in a while managed to get in garage for a few hours , so done a few pics of were she up to , planning on taking a week of next month so can get a load done to it , as been making and collecting bits together to finish her

Thanks given by:
look forward to seeing it finished & in the flesh one day ThumbsUp
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome mate! Cant wait to see more updates Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2017, 07:13 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: look forward to seeing it finished & in the flesh one day ThumbsUp

me too , just trying to find time to work on car , today was the first day have done something on it for months , made some maxi bumper pod moulds so can make some carbon fibre ones for car also have 306 maxi bonnet pod to mould so can also make out of carbon fibre

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2017, 03:57 PM)MY95 Wrote: Looks awesome mate! Cant wait to see more updates Smile

thanks mate , fabricated some front maxi inner wheel arch extentions , just got to finish cutting out existing ones and start welding in the new ones ive made , then can repaint engine bay and start refitting engine and box

Thanks given by:
This is mental, haven't read in a long time and just caught up. Looks great!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I havent been on here in a awhile but this project still going strong and looking better than ever Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Inner arch extensions look good, but why are they needed? Surely if your increasing the front track the wheels would be further away than normal?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 07:14 PM)Ben Wrote: Inner arch extensions look good, but why are they needed? Surely if your increasing the front track the wheels would be further away than normal?

Ben inner arch extensions are put in as wheels sit more forward and are larger diameter wheels used , sure the track is widened , but still got to allow for when on full lock  with steering , this is what the works 306 maxi had done to them, hope this explains your question
Thanks given by:
moulded carbon fibre 306 maxi bumper spot light pods  during one evening in week , so manage to remove from mould i made a few weeks back and here they are , also made carbon /kevlar maxi air box parts , wich are pictured , just need trimming and cleaning up

Thanks given by:
Loving it. Keep up the good work
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2017, 06:14 AM)hovis16 Wrote: Loving it. Keep up the good work

cheers hovis. quick update of what got done this sunday .finished tubbing front arches ,just got to fit a new chassis engine mount now , and then can clean up and paint and also weld brackets on for strut brace , also sent some parts of for fabrication for new alloy front uprights , wich should be done in net couple of weeks , and started fitting lamps to maxi bumper pods

Thanks given by:
quick update of whats been done on car this weekend , all tubbing of front wheel arches complete , new strut brace  brackets welded on and new engine mount bracket welded in , primed and painted ready to start fitting back together now

Thanks given by:
Nice progress, this is going to be an epic car when it's done!
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
omg omg omg this is all so great Tongue great work!
Thanks given by:
Looks epic. Why tube the fronts out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2017, 04:23 PM)twangy Wrote: Ben inner arch extensions are put in as wheels sit more forward and are larger diameter wheels used , sure the track is widened , but still got to allow for when on full lock  with steering , this is what the works 306 maxi had done to them, hope this explains your question

(21-08-2017, 12:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks epic. Why tube the fronts out of interest?

see above.

the tarmac maxi cars ran an 18" wheel with a 640 200 18 tyre IIRC, so a good two inches taller than a 195 55 15, something along the lines of a 205 45 18 Big Grin on gravel I think they were runnign similar overall diameter on a 16", so along the lines of 185 65 16.

this extra height as well as the additional castor but retaining the same strut top location meant the wheels were further forwards, not certain exactly how much but about an inch as well.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Ah fail on my behalf there. Sorry everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
managed to get a few bits done on car this afternoon , re fitted wings and started fitting out engine bay , hopefully try and get a few more things done over bank holiday , thanks for all positive comment ,

Thanks given by:
This looks immense, hats off to you for building something like this
Thanks given by: twangy
I need another update !!!!!! Wink
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2017, 08:23 AM)hovis16 Wrote: I need another update !!!!!! Wink

havent had a lot of time to work on car lately hovis , as waiting for some bits and with work commitments ,  were its up too now is have fitted front lights and bumper pods , and have been making new full lightweight motorsport braided loom for car with proper connections wich takes time in its self  ,also got all tyres fitted onto speedline rims , wich has give me a load more space in mancave, hopefully going to get time on car this weekend , so will give proper update then

Thanks given by:
My God. (other deities are available.)

That is the sex. Are you going to rally it?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
love it!!
Thanks given by: twangy
(02-10-2017, 07:37 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: My God. (other deities are available.)

That is the sex. Are you going to rally it?

yes danny , have decided to build to use for stage rallying  m8 , will also do the odd trackday and sprint in her as well
Thanks given by:
twangy we no you are super busy but.....................fancy making me a carbon bonnet? hahaha no rush
Thanks given by:
Epic, epic progress being made! Top work as always Big Grin so what engine spec are you going to be fitting into this? Full factory maxi rep?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2017, 08:47 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Epic, epic progress being made! Top work as always Big Grin so what engine spec are you going to be fitting into this? Full factory maxi rep?

Rebuilt engine sitting in workshop  , brief spec for now  till next rebuild is 45 jenveys with Maxi airbox  , Kent cams pt82 cams and vernier cam kit , fully lightened and balanced , pocketed Pistons , arp bolts , cometic gaskets, lightened and balanced flywheel, alloy crank pulley ,remote filter with oil cooler , helix paddle clutch , Efi Euro 1 ecu  , wasted spark coil pack ,5 speed cr gearbox with 4.9 cwp with tranx plate diff and comp exhaust ,that will have to do for now till cars run in and tested Matt
Thanks given by:
Quick update,In the middle of doing full braided Motorsport loom wich is nearly complete , gearbox getting fitted with 4.9 cwp then can fit engine and box then can make up new engine mount, hopefully picking up new front maxi style suspension next week as all machine work done ready for fitting , will add pictures over weekend
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,342 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,074 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,521 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L