306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
(14-12-2016, 10:29 PM)twangy Wrote:
(14-12-2016, 09:09 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Holy crap.

This thread gives me wood.
danny , thats just a little bit to much information , lol

lmao

Awesome updates as always! Big Grin  Whats next for the kevlar treatment dude?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2016, 10:02 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(14-12-2016, 10:29 PM)twangy Wrote:
(14-12-2016, 09:09 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Holy crap.

This thread gives me wood.
danny , thats just a little bit to much information , lol

lmao

Awesome updates as always! Big Grin  Whats next for the kevlar treatment dude?
Next for Kevlar treatment is front maxi evo bumper , Kevlar sump guard , and ordering maxi light pods wich will make out of Kevlar for strength and lightness  matt
Thanks given by:
Only just checked this build through. Holy moley, if I had talent, money and commitment I think this would kinda be the result. Very impressive, hope to see it one day.
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2016, 08:52 PM)impotentials Wrote: Only just checked this build through. Holy moley, if I had talent, money and commitment I think this would kinda be the result. Very impressive,  hope to see it one day.

Thanks very much , car has not cost as much as some people would think , know a lot of people in Motorsport as have been involved in it for some time . Eg the 22 brand new  17" speedlines cost me just over £500 , the 10 new slicks £400 , all the carbon fibre and Kevlar  materials for whole job around   £350 , so have had some good deals  Rofl
Thanks given by:
managed to do a bit on car today and garage ,needed to get more floor space , so started to make more tyre racking out of inch box section i had but just need peice for centre support wich will get when back at work , also while rear beam removed while getting wide tracked , cleaned up rest of floor and gave rust protection and coated with white  . will be back on car tommorow so will keep updated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Tyre rack looks great and so does that underside. Makes me sad seeing as ive had a look under my boot today and I can tell you now it looks nothing like that!
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 07:07 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Tyre rack looks great and so does that underside. Makes me sad seeing as ive had a look under my boot today and I can tell you now it looks nothing like that!

Cheers , done the whole of the underneath now , wich had hardly any rust so wasn't to bad a job , just trying to keep on top of the car , don't want to do a load to it for it top be eaten by tin worm
Thanks given by:
such great work!

i'll come back shortly to double check your work haha Tongue
Thanks given by:
Been a bit busy to post on forum lately due to work , but still managing to do bits on car , have been making a few bits out of kevlar and carbon fibre for car , seriously thinking about rallying car so have made kevlar sumpguard for it , also sourced a mate who has maxi rear spoiler wich hes lending me so can copy , will post photos of parts as go along , only photo have at moment is of sumpgaurd as posted

for some unknow reason not letting me add photos as normal ?????
Thanks given by:
Theres an issue with the forum pic uploader currently i believe although weirdly it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

Cant wait to see the pics of the sump guard! Does it run from front crossmember to the rear of the subframe? Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2017, 09:19 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Theres an issue with the forum pic uploader currently i believe although weirdly it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

Cant wait to see the pics of the sump guard! Does it run from front crossmember to the rear of the subframe? Smile

Mat have tried on laptop and eye pad with no success , will cover front to rear mate . Hopefully will be able to upload soon so can show other items have  made and am making . Thanks wayne
Thanks given by:
photos of  kevlar sumpguard that have made for car now photo  download issue is fixed

Thanks given by:
Good stuff! Big Grin Liking the look of that sump guard! Anymore pics of the car as it stands now?

Yeah fooby spent ages working with the forum guys to fix the pic upload issue Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2017, 10:52 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Good stuff! Big Grin  Liking the look of that sump guard! Anymore pics of the car as it stands now?

Yeah fooby spent ages working with the forum guys to fix the pic upload issue Smile

Pictures are far to large now , so don't think pic upload issues are properly fixed , will get more photos of parts done on car as soon as I can Matt ,
Thanks given by:
Haven't posted for a while , but plenty done on car , have made Kevlar maxi bumper , also acquired maxi front tubular arms , and comp rear anti roll bars , will post photos over weekend
Thanks given by:
Please do. Have been lurking on this one for far too long and love the updates.
Thanks given by:
got delivered some brand new wrc gas discharge lamp pod lamps aswell , with carbon fibre mounting rings , as will be needed for when start rallying again

Thanks given by:
Loving the lamps! what pod have you got to mount them in?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2017, 12:01 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Loving the lamps! what pod have you got to mount them in?

i am getting  a proper maxi lamp pod matt ,  also these are the rosejointed maxi width tubular wishbones for the car , they are a good 40mm wider than my other pts tubular ones and 10mm more castors,

Thanks given by:
Wowzers, certainly inspirational, just read this from beginning to last update, i hope to be doing something half as good once i finish my current project build. I always had a soft spot for the 306 Maxi, one of my all time favourite rally cars along with the Lancia 037, but whats the chances of finding a suitable Montecarlo to start with for one of those....not great eh!!!

Anyway, love the build, look forward to the next update Smile
Thanks given by:
40mm wider either side or overall? that should improve the front end! Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2017, 07:09 AM)Insanity-74 Wrote: Wowzers, certainly inspirational, just read this from beginning to last update, i hope to be doing something half as good once i finish my current project build. I always had a soft spot for the 306 Maxi, one of my all time favourite rally cars along with the Lancia 037, but whats the chances of finding a suitable Montecarlo to start with for one of those....not great eh!!!

Anyway, love the build, look forward to the next update Smile

Thanks mate , shame a lot of the pictures now are all oversize on thread , will post some new ones of car

(27-03-2017, 07:23 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: 40mm wider either side or overall? that should improve the front end! Big Grin

Matt the new wish bones are 40mm wider either side compared to the pts tubular ones I had on the car , with adjustment in outer rose joints , so can go wider for more camber , there was photos of the pts one on my thread , but not sure if they were messed up when had problem with forum photo downloads so will post photos of others later
Thanks given by:
standard width pts tubular wishbones photos ,

Thanks given by:
This is a stupid dumb question from me but what makes these better than the original shape wishbones? How much better and why? Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2017, 10:18 PM)MY95 Wrote: This is a stupid dumb question from me but what makes these better than the original shape wishbones?  How much better and why? Smile

not a dumb question , the black ones in above photo are peugeot talbot sport grpA ones wich are a adjustable rosejointed outer , so can run more camber , they are tubular as a lot stronger and also use alot harder inner bushes to cope with rigours of rallying , the silver ones higher up page are maxi width ones , again adjustable outer rosejointed , and tubular for strenght , with harder inner bushes , but are 40mm wider either side and run 10mm more castor than pts ones , so wheel sits centre of maxi arch , hope this answers your question mate

Thanks given by:
(27-03-2017, 10:37 PM)twangy Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 10:18 PM)MY95 Wrote: This is a stupid dumb question from me but what makes these better than the original shape wishbones?  How much better and why? Smile

not a dumb question , the black ones in above photo are peugeot talbot sport grpA ones wich are a adjustable rosejointed outer , so can run more camber , they are tubular as a lot stronger and also use alot harder inner bushes to cope with rigours of rallying , the silver ones higher up page are maxi width ones , again adjustable outer rosejointed , and tubular for strenght , with harder inner bushes , but are 40mm wider either side and run 10mm more castor than pts ones , so wheel sits centre of maxi arch , hope this answers your question mate

That's spot on cheers Smile loving the colour choice you have went for too! Hopefully see you at Pugfest/FCS this year Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2017, 10:37 PM)twangy Wrote: the silver ones higher up page are maxi width ones , again adjustable outer rosejointed , and tubular for strenght , with harder inner bushes , but are 40mm wider either side and run 10mm more castor than pts ones , so wheel sits centre of maxi arch.

Do you make them or are they available somewhere?
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2017, 04:51 PM)Insanity-74 Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 10:37 PM)twangy Wrote: the silver ones higher up page are maxi width ones , again adjustable outer rosejointed , and tubular for strenght , with harder inner bushes , but are 40mm wider either side and run 10mm more castor than pts ones , so wheel sits centre of maxi arch.

The black pts one are available from special tuning uk , the maxi width one were made , I make or get some things fabricated for the car , as keeps the budget down mate , otherwise would cost me a fortune to build , thanks wayne
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2017, 08:52 AM)twangy Wrote:
(28-03-2017, 04:51 PM)Insanity-74 Wrote:

The black pts one are available from special tuning uk , the maxi width one were made , I make or get some things fabricated for the car , as keeps the budget down mate , otherwise would cost me a fortune to build , thanks wayne

I might have to talk to you nicely about getting a maxi set made once i am ready. Smile i fabricate alot of stuff myself, roll cages, Chargecoolers, bodywork etc, but for some reason doing suspension stuff scares me.
Thanks given by:
managed to pick up another bargain to try on the car , 2 new rear anti roll bars , 1 hybrid , and other is a 25mm one , also hopefully got whole weekend to spend on car , so hopefully will get a fair bit done  , also hopefully some other new parts will be with me this weekend if all goes to plan , so will keep updated

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,390 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,495 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,567 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L