Bosch pump, easy seals to replace whilst off the car???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump, easy seals to replace whilst off the car???
Question 
Whipped the Bosch off my old car other day, i've already replaced the main large rectangular seal between top and bottom of the pump, done the throttle shaft as well and i'm just going to do the crank seal as it's weeping,

are there any other easy ones to change while i'm at it, don't feel up to a total strip down and rebuild, i'm a man of very little spare time looking after my kids . . . .
cheers . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ive had the cold start lever on bk of pump and stop lever on front of my pump o rings leak whilst i was on veg oil.
Thanks given by:
ok then . . . . .i'm failing to remove the crank seal lol . . . . . .any tips anyone? before i get too heavy handed and make it FUBAR Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
is that the one behind the pully if so i just threaded a screw into it and pulled the seal out with pliers.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2014, 12:49 PM)vincent1 Wrote: is that the one behind the pully if so i just threaded a screw into it and pulled the seal out with pliers.

got it now cheers . . . .i was gonna do exactly that but was worried about what was behind it . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Are you also going to do the large o ring behind the delivery head on the back of the pump ive heard/read these leak but ive never been brave enough to strip that end down.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2014, 01:27 PM)vincent1 Wrote: Are you also going to do the large o ring behind the delivery head on the back of the pump ive heard/read these leak but ive never been brave enough to strip that end down.

nope, gonna leave it at that now, replaced the 3 that were leaking, so fingers crossed, i would like to do a complete rebuild one day, i have the guides, just not the time atm . .Smile
Thanks given by:
The only other easy one is the o-ring on the max fuel screw it think. Been a while since I stripped one myself tbh but I think that everything else requires more bits to come off
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2014, 03:38 PM)londondan86 Wrote: The only other easy one is the o-ring on the max fuel screw it think. Been a while since I stripped one myself tbh but I think that everything else requires more bits to come off

Yeah true, that just screws out doesn't it, I'll do that too, ta fella Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,421 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,983 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,485 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby