MOT failure on brake hoses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT failure on brake hoses
Just picked my car up from the garage and both front brake hoses are a fail, it says - "Nearside front (fouling wheel) Brake hose has insufficient room to move, resulting in fouling on any part"

I have upgraded the standard dt brakes to gti so does this mean the hoses are to short and i need to get longer (gti) hoses?

Cheers!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
mmmm just get some braided ones on there anyway?
Thanks given by:
There's two different length front hoses for 306's depending on caliper type fitted, so could be yours are the shorter type.

From memory, Lucas calipers (including GTi-6) use the longer hose.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Was thinking of upgrading to braided ones, wheres best to get them?

Just checked europarts and the hoses listed for my standard brakes are the same length as the ones listed for the gti
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
I never knew there were 2 different lengths front hoses. Are yours clipped in right?

As for braided lines just have a search on ebay
Thanks given by:
Not sure if they are clipped in properly, its rusted to f**k anyway so its being scrapped unfortunately
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Afaik as I'm aware and all the books I have access to there is only one length line for the front

The rears have a couple of options

This problem normally occurres when the lines have been fitted incorrectly
Thanks given by:
Lucas 530mm
Bosch 515mm

Need I say more
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Turns out its because the hoses had come out their clips, so out them back in and cable tied the B**ch to it!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Surely the tester could've just pushed them in if that's all it was. Confused
Thanks given by:
That's what i thought but that was probably to much work to do without being paid for it, exactly the reason i do work on my car myself....
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pipe failure Mighty306 3 1,658 15-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Cheaper Braided Brake Hoses Toms306 11 2,339 05-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  Where to get retaining clips for brake hoses? Spoonaltap 5 1,596 30-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap