Hdi revs droppin and fluctuating?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi revs droppin and fluctuating?
Well maybe this is normal but anyway i said ill ask.

When i rev the car and let it return to idle the revs will dip to about 750-800 then rise and stay at at 850-900.

And when i turn on the lights or the heatin the revs drop and then rise as above.

And earlier on the revs were fluctuatin up and down when i had the heat and the lights on?

Would all these symthoms be due to a bad battery, alternator or maybe earths need cleaning?

Cheers.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be too worried about it. It's just sudden drain on the battery. Unless it's delayed. All hdi's I've had has dipped in revs for a second.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Earthing problem most likely, have a check around the engine bay, particularly down by the gearbox and ns inner chassis leg. Failing that it might be worth giving the tps a clean.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah im gona clean up the earths 2moro when im servicin it and changin the gearbox mount.

By tps ya mean trottle position sensor yea ? How i go about cleanin that ?

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's right, there's a guide on it in the guide section.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine revs dropping when braking scfc_151 9 2,608 24-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Ruan
Question EML, high idle, revs taking time to drop??? highwayman306 13 2,893 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Last Post: highwayman306
  revs dropping. like misfire. kris_taylor1988 18 2,793 01-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005