New daily!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New daily!!
So after being off the forum for a few weeks (bet you didn't even notice :p) due to being miserable and broke, and then being too busy to do anything I thought Id treat myself to a new car now Ive got my shit together again.

Always had a soft spot for 406 coupes so right time/right place scenario and i collected this on saturday morning for an absolute steal
[Image: 20141102_093146_zps4b92088d.jpg]

Got it cheap as its in need of a couple of bits and had the engine management light on stuck in limp mode, all sorted as soon as I got it home haha

First things first, tsw multispokes off and heading for scrap, proper wheels on and looking a million times better, amazing the difference in a set of rims!

[Image: IMG_20141102_154107_zps594cdda2.jpg]

Very different experience from my previous succession of 106/405s/306s but as a daily its everything I want
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
thank f*ck those abominations that were wheels cameoff..

what engine?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Eeewwwwwww girly girls car Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 07:56 PM)toseland Wrote: thank f*ck those abominations that were wheels cameoff..

what engine?

yeah haha, absolutely vile, mismatched tyres, curbed to death, unbalanced, heavy etc etc

its the 2.2HDi, alot harder to find than I thought hence taking a year to find one haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
ooooh... when the rest of it rusts away i got dibs on that engine!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Always thought the front end looks too small against the rest of the car looks like it'll be comfy though
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 08:12 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Always thought the front end looks too small against the rest of the car looks like it'll be comfy though

Yes!!! Those lights and shallow bumper!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think these cars are great. lots of car for the money! Shame I couldnt save the one that was parked outside my local scrappers :/ 2.2hdi black and silver edition. One of a few hundred made.
Thanks given by:
Looks far better on those wheels mate, bet it's comfy though !
Thanks given by:
I have thought about one of these for a replacement to the 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 08:21 PM)SRowell Wrote: I think these cars are great. lots of car for the money! Shame I couldnt save the one that was parked outside my local scrappers :/ 2.2hdi black and silver edition. One of a few hundred made.

I wanted one as I cant think of anything that looks as good and comes as well equipped for the price!

comfy it certainly is, I drove the estate earlier and was shocked how bad meridian seats feel in comparison haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I like these cars tbh... Just not in that colour
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 08:39 PM)Jimbo Wrote: I like these cars tbh... Just not in that colour

I was hoping to find a scarlet red one, but finding an hdi was hard enough anyway so made the compromise. Not the biggest fan of it either tbh, but its growing on me
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Its a bit like moonstone isnt it. Not a colour ive seen on another peugeot anyway
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 08:44 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Its a bit like moonstone isnt it. Not a colour ive seen on another peugeot anyway

Yeah, but next to a moonstone 306 its much bluer if that makes sense?

The coupes had their own colour range and all were built in the pininfarina factory in italy, so yeah, not on any other pug
It's called Hyperion blue btw
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
We have two v6s that come into work. One dark metallic green and other one blue a bit like sigma
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 08:58 PM)Jimbo Wrote: We have two v6s that come into work. One dark metallic green and other one blue a bit like sigma

I love that dark blue they came in, polaris blue iirc
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Very nice, would rather like one as a daily too.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
This car is so nice. The spec is unbelievable and the toys too!

Mucho jealous after getting straight from the DTurbo into this Sad
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 09:16 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: This car is so nice. The spec is unbelievable and the toys too!

Haha yeah, driving the estate again today and it feels tiny! Seats feel too high up in it too lol

Still finding headlight washers and cruise control highly entertaining after never having it on a car before.... Oooh and fully functional air conditioning! The novelty of that
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 09:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 09:16 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: This car is so nice. The spec is unbelievable and the toys too!

Haha yeah, driving the estate again today and it feels tiny! Seats feel too high up in it too lol

Still finding headlight washers and cruise control highly entertaining after never having it on a car before.... Oooh and fully functional air conditioning! The novelty of that

I want all the electronic goodies Sad
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Novelty of air con in Novemeber? Must be warmer in Herefordshire lol.

Being honest I'm not really a fan of the exterior of these. The interior and toys aren't bad though, and you spend most of the time inside a car anyway lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice mate! You'll have to let us know what the mpg is like from the 2.2?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 09:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Novelty of air con in Novemeber? Must be warmer in Herefordshire lol.

Being honest I'm not really a fan of the exterior of these. The interior and toys aren't bad though, and you spend most of the time inside a car anyway lol. Big Grin

I don't care if it's cold, I have aircon and I'm going to use it lmao

Not just that though, it's useful for demisting the windows on those early mornings Smile

(02-11-2014, 09:42 PM)Orta Wrote: Nice mate! You'll have to let us know what the mpg is like from the 2.2?

Driving it home I was averaging 48mpg over 70 miles, not too bad for standard engine.

Hopefully I'll get that up a bit after a decent service and remap Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 09:51 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 09:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Novelty of air con in Novemeber? Must be warmer in Herefordshire lol.

Not just that though, it's useful for demisting the windows on those early mornings Smile

lol

Yeah, might as well make the most of it I guess haha.

Agree'd on the demisting tbf.
Thanks given by:
So what has been done to it to get her out of limp mode?
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 10:11 PM)Jimbo Wrote: So what has been done to it to get her out of limp mode?

Cleared everything on pp2k and took it on the motorway to force a dpf regeneration Smile

I'll take the exhaust off sometime this week to clear out the filter properly as I'm sure it's still a bit clogged up. I'll be removing it soon anyway and sorting a proper exhaust
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 09:51 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

(02-11-2014, 09:42 PM)Orta Wrote: Nice mate! You'll have to let us know what the mpg is like from the 2.2?

Driving it home I was averaging 48mpg over 70 miles, not too bad for standard engine.

Hopefully I'll get that up a bit after a decent service and remap Smile

Damn that's much better than I was expecting! Think the factory figure are 44?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Like it! Hopefully it's better than the shed I had.. Lovely cars to drive though, really eat up the miles.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I don't really understand why you'd want this with the Estate as well? You just wanted the engine really right..?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: