Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.
Had some time on this today:
So, jobs done:

Rear beam swap, again! All straight now!

Gutted the cat and realigned the exhaust. That cat/turbo clamp was a biatchzzzz!

Then hunted down the boost leak which was sort with a elbow gasket and adjusting the egr blank!

Sorted the 'splitter too' which someone had bodged with wire!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20625]

Nothing to see here....

[attachment=20626]

And the lovely gunkyness:

[attachment=20627]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So she still smokes a little on hard acceleration. Pulls like a dream though, not down on power...still not sure why that is.

clutch is also making more noise and full laden, in 3rd, will slip a little. I have a valeo and seals etc ready for doing it though, then I can put my ninja intercooler on it and get it remapped again, mainly for efficiency.

Also need decent clutch as this will pull the trailer from march/april for my work as the 306 will lose its tow-bar all in the name of lightweightness.

So, towbar went on the 206 this week after making my own towbar caged nuts and saving £30 on buying them!

MOT in march too. If that goes well, then going to get the dents pulled out of her and do a little bodywork, colour coding stuff to freshen her up!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/0MWb-_PDvvQ
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
MOT next monday...bets??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fail the smoke test... Tongue

But seriously, shouldn't be anything to fail should there? Better not fail on bulbs anyway! lol
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 11:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Fail the smoke test... Tongue

But seriously, shouldn't be anything to fail should there?  Better not fail on bulbs anyway! lol

Only thing it may do is a chip...but the 406 went in today with a big ass chip within driver scope and its not even down as an advisory. 
But then, I know the lads and took them some beers for helping me out the other day. Which also got me £10 off the MOT. winning.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you know them and bribe with beer I should hope it doesn't fail lol.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 11:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If you know them and bribe with beer I should hope it doesn't fail lol.

It was funny, coz the 406 failed on a bush, one I couldnt get enough leverage on at home to test and slightly low handbrake on one wheel (12%)...and he kept apologizing! 

top lads!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol, there are some decent testers left! Smile

Also 12% handbrake efficiency isn't slightly low...it's shit. lol
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 11:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, there are some decent testers left! Smile

Also 12% handbrake efficiency isn't slightly low...it's shit. lol

13% passes iirc ??

Isnt 12-14% the normal amount for a 306 rear disc handbrake?? lol

I found the cause pretty quick...previous cowboy owner had fitted new shoes but just not adjusted them...at all. I think I managed a whole turn of the adjuster! reduced footbrake and handbrake travel dramatically! car just full of DIY mechanics bodges!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
16% is the pass...even at 16% you'll lose it on a hill though. Tongue

DIY bodges annoy me so much haha!
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 11:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 16% is the pass...even at 16% you'll lose it on a hill though. Tongue

DIY bodges annoy me so much haha!

ah not far off.

Aye. He had tried to fix the VE pump case crack with chemical cement! Took me an hour to chip off!
He had wrongly fitted a headlight bulb, both sidelights at front blown, a brake light out, no fog lights, half dash lights gone, no clock or radio lights, the WORST collapsed OSF wheel bearing I have ever come across and all manner of other things
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol, who's car is this? A customer of yours? Should probably tell him to leave things alone in future. Confused
Thanks given by:
A 'friend' who sold it to me just with a 'little fuel leak'... Was supposed to be a little money maker...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah I see, never trust anyone! Wink
Thanks given by:
Full service and in/out clean today. Feels good to maintain a good loyal car!
All filters and fully synth oil for £34 delivered! Win!

Plus swapped the rear lights for a spare non fogged up set.
Also fitted braided lines to front, so in hunt for rears.
Replaced brake/clutch fluid. Serviced and adjusted brakes.

MOT ready!

[attachment=22052]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
haha...got you.

Dood I'm lame.

Anyway, she passed with flying colours. Not one advisory.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just munching up the miles in this.

Not missed a beat. Does 50-55mpg on all our driving. All good.

Got some 16" alloys with great tyres on at FCS from Bash too. MUCH better than the 175s! Handling has transformed!

Gave it a good clean today, not done it since before well before FCS and it was hanging. Took chance to remove the badges on the boot and on the wings. Assesed the bodywork too as I want to tidy it up this year, get some damage on the rear quarters sorted and give it a machine polish.

Also upgraded the front speakers. Need to find some little 4.5" ones for the rear doors now. 

Also starting to get together some OEM suspension upgrades. Got a gti ARB and front springs/dampers sorted...need some torsion bars for the rear and then I can make a weekend of it.

Also needs some tidy pressed plates! Rusty screws look awful
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Massive update required...

Fitted a GTi front ARB and new drop links yesterday!

(in other news I am collecting parts for some future upgrades, I am destroying the yoko's on the front and she hasn't been washed in weeks!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Righto...
So clutch really wasn't liking the stg1 map...

So upgrades this weekend:

Helix organic clutch
Febi shaft seals
Total BV (now "gear8) gear oil
Solid gear linkages
New lower wishbones
Second hand gti springs/dampers
New track rod ends

Slight annoyance... Appears the helix friction plate has CG syndrome and is rattling on the splines.  Nospeak Huh

Next on list:

Gti180 front brakes and gti rear axle
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 07:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: Slight annoyance... Appears the helix friction plate has CG syndrome and is rattling on the splines.  Nospeak Huh

That isn't great news, disappears with clutch depressed sorta noise? Any word from Helix on it?
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 09:54 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 07:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: Slight annoyance... Appears the helix friction plate has CG syndrome and is rattling on the splines.  Nospeak Huh

That isn't great news, disappears with clutch depressed sorta noise? Any word from Helix on it?

Yup, goes straight away on idle if depress the clutch

Emailed helix...awaiting reply
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Now I've got no personal experience of Helix but i don't know why people still buy their gear? Every time i see a Helix related thread, its bad news!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Coz CG is pretty crap and a helix organic kit is supposedly the bees knees in comparison!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Was gonna say i thought helix were pretty good.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just thinking about it...technically is it not input shaft rattle as the pressure plate is clamped to the flywheel when in neutral and clutch is up?
Either way...not too happy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sounds more like release bearing?
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 10:17 PM)Niall Wrote: Now I've got no personal experience of Helix but i don't know why people still buy their gear? Every time i see a Helix related thread, its bad news!

Pretty sure you're thinking of cg.

Did you put a new release bearing in when you changed to the helix kit? Does sound more like that from the description... Good to see some preparation for more interesting mods going on. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah the helix kit includes a LUK release bearing...

Its spline chatter for sure, release bearing don't make that noise its making.
Improved slightly on bite today which is good and redone tracking which was mad out due to new suspension.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: