Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.
Why would you need to hold the throttle? Cruise control is plug and play thanks to multiplexing. Big Grin

Better for short trips as well with a hydraulic clutch and lighter PAS... lol
Thanks given by:
Anything is lighter than my paddle clutch tbh. Is dead easy to park. Has a sort of last extra bit of turn on the rack which I assume is designed for slow manauvering only as it feels bad but gives a mega tight turning circle

Not sure the early 206 we have has the multiplexi stuff
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, not sure when they changed to Mux, I know the 2002 was that I had.

Yeah the turning circle and one palm lock to lock is good, do it too quick you start understeering towards the kerb though. lol
Thanks given by:
2002 is the year they went multiplex. I have an early 2002 one that is pre-plex though.

The give away is the radio control stalk.

You have to have 2004+ to even have a chance at enabling cruise control.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I believe mine is pre plex, I purposely went for an earlier one to try and avoid complex electrical issues.

And +1 on the mad understeer towards the kerb, first time that happened I went straight home and strung the wheels as I assumed they were towing in 45degrees!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 12:28 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthr...t=18537032

Just found that thread on google, some major hate for the 206 Confused

Dont believe anything a computer geek site says! they dont know what fresh air smells like let alone a car as they are all spotty 13 yearolds

but as piggy says the 206 is quite girly but i do like to drive it Smile

did i say that out loud?
Thanks given by:
Got to admit. Its a nice thing to drive. Relaxing and easy.
But then, a lot of cars are compared to my animal GTd!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Xsara mist jets (the wrong ones for a 306) are also wrong for the 206! But I'll make good use of them Wink

In other news...alloys on route for it!

And fans now work only on "4" so fan resistor needed!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mega annoyed but left the Osrams in the green 206 Doh

So got their latest incarnation, Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited!
£13.80 from amazon, ordered on a Saturday at lunch, arrived Sunday 10am!!

Anyway...difference is amazing from std crappy cheapo H4s...

[attachment=20232]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice motors the 206's Smile slightly biased because I used to have a HDI which i'd 'tweeked' slightly.
Thanks given by:
54mpg on a run isn't awful, it depends really, how do you drive on a long journey? A steady 65mph will see a lot better result than 75mph, for example. Do you hang back 100 yards and let the traffic brake and accelerate at random while you cruise, or do you sit in the middle of it? Coast down early to junctions still in gear?

Failing that it might be worth checking out your maf, i lost ~10mpg when that died. If you're still not happy reduce the frontal area by lowering it. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I drove Eco style Poodle. Im all in that jazz, used to teach fleets how to do it.
I am wondering about MAF or boost leak as it does smoke a little on hard acceleration, JP rekons it shouldnt really
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha fair, living the dream!

Yeah could well be, i would have expected you to notice a boost leak significant enough for that though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Swapped beams today.

[attachment=20354]

replacement one doesnt creak but annoyingly has a little bit of camber on the right side. Old one had camber on left side!!
So...grand idea was rip apart the original beam and see if i could refurb it....errr.... Dont think so Undecided

[attachment=20355]
[attachment=20356]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
fixed the fans...what a bugger of a job coz its a RHD!

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Did you notice how much heavier a 206 beam is compared to a 306 item?

Gotta admit I do quite enjoy thrashing one around a b road, still keep thinking of getting a 180 at some point aha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Little bit lighter i would say.

It is fun little thing, back is eager!! TBH, stg1+/2 HDi be more fun I rekon, 3rd gear torque for the B roads plus the eco of it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I had a 206 Hdi and thought that it went OK it was quite nippy around town and on country roads but it had a horrible habit of the back stepping out mid corner and it was only with luck I caught it in time lost faith in it after that and then sold it to buy my 306 Hdi that I must say feels so much nicer to drive and the back only ever slightly let's go as for the mpg the 206 at best was about 52mpg the 306 never gets much better than 45 mpg
Thanks given by:
Yeah averaging about 52. But think I got boost leak or maybe EGR blank leak.
Back has been lively...but better now the compensator isnt seized!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So, she did a little better at the weekend. About 56mpg.

Quite a lot of traffic on the roads, kept moving, but gave a chance to see how much its coaling if at all.

And she is mild hazing for sure.

So sprayed lots of 'boost leak finding solution' around the elbow and sure enough she is leaking there. Kindly Dumdum dropped a couple of the seals off on way to xmas meet so will have a bash at that this week and see the difference.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And am currently looking into adding cruise control.

It seems possible from research.

Need to add a clutch switch and the obvious steering column controls.

Then its possible to 'unlock' it with PP2k supposedly. So I be getting that done soon I feel...but if anyone can confirm that, well that be great Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I repaired the boost leak on my girlfriends 206 over the weekend. I found that the gasket on the elbow was missing between that and the EGR. I stuck a blank in, a home made gasket and the engine sounds a lot happier at idle and quieter under load.

I did start looking at CC for my 306 HDI but lost interest after doing the trip computer.

Have you thought about installing a TC in yours?
Thanks given by:
Traction control!?

No!! Hate the thing!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry I meant trip computer.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh. Yeah, had thought about it. Assume its possible?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is it a 3 plug ECU? The one I did only works on single plug ECU's.

The way you can tell if it's Mux is by the radio remote near the steering wheel. If it's like the 306 ones then it's not mux. The big flat ones are only onn mux cars.
Thanks given by:
Nah its an early one. No fancy stuff
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Best ones to have.

My girlfriends is a Dturbo spec on a Y and it doesn't even have an outside temperature read out next to the clock.
Thanks given by:
Nope, same. No abs either.
Got it for those reasons!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: