Newbie saying hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie saying hello!
Good afternoon,

Just thought I'd say hello - recently joined the forum.

I've returned to the 90's (my youth) and bought a bianca white rally for my sins…. the plan is to return her to somewhere near her former glory for occasional use.

Lots to do, and no doubt will need some assistance!

Craig
Thanks given by:
Hi, I'm new but welcome

I hope you like the car you want
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Would be good to see some pics of your Rallye and see what needs doing Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 02:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome!
Would be good to see some pics of your Rallye and see what needs doing Smile

Will get some up asap - one thing I was considering doing was a supercharger conversion……. Interested to hear peoples feedback who have had the conversion complete, by who and who would people recommend.
Thanks given by:
Well with superchargers you have 2 choices really. Buy a Lynx Rotrex kit, bolt on and 2 hours later you can drive away.

Orrrrrrr, you can do what i and a few others on here have done and fit a Eaton supercharger. Means you need to build the kit your self but the rewards are fantastic!

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3684.html

On paper, a lynx kit will make more power HOWEVER if you can find a dyno graph of how that power is delivered and then look at the dyno graph in my project thread above, you will see they are two completely different beasts and on the road, the lynx kit is no faster.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 07:35 PM)Niall Wrote: Well with superchargers you have 2 choices really. Buy a Lynx Rotrex kit, bolt on and 2 hours later you can drive away.

Orrrrrrr, you can do what i and a few others on here have done and fit a Eaton supercharger. Means you need to build the kit your self but the rewards are fantastic!

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3684.html

On paper, a lynx kit will make more power HOWEVER if you can find a dyno graph of how that power is delivered and then look at the dyno graph in my project thread above, you will see they are two completely different beasts and on the road, the lynx kit is no faster.

I noted on another forum that the original Ecosse peugeot charger kit was available - wasn't sure if it was worth enquiring about. I'm not in a hurry to do it, what with it being winter soon - car garaged for winter, tweaks and changes then I think i'd prefer to go the Eaton route…..
Thanks given by:
The Ecosse kit uses a Opcon charger i believe and very little is known about them which would concern me if it went wrong. Nice thing with the rotrex is if it goes wrong, you can buy a new one from them for about £1500. Nice thing about the Eaton is, you can get a good used one on eBay for £150-£300. I wouldn't know how much or if the Opcon ones are even available still!

I know I'm biased obviously but id have the Eaton over the Rotrex any day. Even if it turned out to be substantially slower, id have it just for the noise! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hi Craig, Im from the 90s Wink I did the same and just got myself a 6 which needs tidying up Smile Your very lucky to find a rallye. I too am a newbie XD.

Also slightly interested in the whole supercharging shibang, but I want to get the old girl mint and standard again first.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile

Hopefully i shall be supercharging my rallye soon! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Welcome and Hello.
I love the sound of a SuperCharger, that Whine is Awesomeness under the hood!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Is the white Rallye Chris's old one?
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome supercharger sound like a plan lol get sum photos up and let's see :-)
Thanks given by:
Apologies all - its's only been 8 months since i was last on here….saying that in that time my Rallye has spent its time in the garage being welded, and prep'd for an MOT which it duly past today, pick up tomorrow evening! Quite excited….

Lots of plans for the car for the winter as I am going to enjoy it over the summer - with the plan involving either a charger conversion or TB;s….

I want it to look complete stock (bar wheels / and the SS exhaust poking out the back, and as it sits now a wee bit lower on bilstiens!) therefore I've a few bits for sale such as 16" Speedline Comp 2's + tyres, Morette twin head lights etc.

Did the Rallye register ever materialise again?
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: