Hose adapter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hose adapter
Folks, I´ve just bought a couple months ago a set of Hel braided lines, for the standard brakes, but now i´ll be fitting 406 Brembo´s, and I wont buy a new set of hoses.
I cant remember exactly the fitting of the standard brake hose fitting.

So, the Brembos have M10x1 female fitting, and the standard hose fitting is also M10x1 right? Y need a male to male M10x1 adapter, right?
Thanks given by:
The standard thread pitch is M10x1 yes.

I don't however fully understand your question. What end of which hose are you referring to?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Most people just get a small length of copper pipe made up to bring the connection point from on the side middle of the calliper to the top. Only be pennies and 5 minutes work for most garages
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im referring to the end of the hose that goes into the caliper. I want to use the standard hose on the brembo caliper. As I wasnt sure about the thread pitch of the standard hose, I wasnt sure what adapter I need.
Now I know I need a male to male M10x1 adapter.

And since you talk about that piping, is that just for easier installation, or the hose is not long enough to reach the position of the fitting on the Brembo?
Thanks given by:
Both calipers have the same thread, and both are female, so you shouldn't need any adapter at all.
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Hose isn't long enough plus you would need a right angle from the calliper so if you just bolted the straight hose in, chances are the bend in it may catch or rub on lock.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ok! Then its not adapter what I need, I need an extra piece of hose, or pipe. Damn!! I just fitted the braided lines a couple of months ago, now I need new ones
Thanks given by:
No you don't. Ive already told you what you need to do.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yep! Thats what I´ll do! I´ll just get a connecting pipe like the one the caliper has, and do as you said.
Thanks given by:
Yep you need m10x 1 male to 10x 1 female

The conversion hoses I supply come with a pair of these made in copper pipe
Thanks given by: