Gearbox Change help!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox Change help!!!
Hi guys can anyone help please?
I have a 306 1.4 merridian and the gearbox has started to make a vibrating/rattling kinda sound when letting off the throttle or in neutral.
Im guessing its dying! I have a replacement box from a 106 1.4 which looks like it will physically fit but the linkage arm on the gearbox is a different angle.
Does anyone know if i can change it for old one or fit an adjustable linkage or something similar to get it to work? was wondering if doing this would screw up the throw of the gears.
thanks
Dan
Thanks given by:
Is that for the 'long' linkage? If so, there are two linkages, one with both ends facing the same way, the other at 90 degree's. If that's the problem all you need is the linkage from the replacement 'box...or if that's not an option, a new one for about a tenner. Smile
Thanks given by:
yeh the long linkage seems to be the only difference i cant seem to find them anywhere though any ideas?
thanks
Thanks given by:
Well the dealer should sell them but probably have to be ordered in. Or just get a set of metal linkages, can turn the end then. If you want to go for the cheapest option look round scrap yards for one.
Thanks given by:
ok great thanks for your help! have you ever taken the gearbox off? anything particularly to look for or is it fairly straight forward?
Thanks given by:
Yep, done plenty of 306 gearboxes lol.

Probably the hardest parts is removing the drivers side driveshaft from its bearing. It's all fairly straightforward though. Smile
Thanks given by:
sorry for all the questions but whys that so hard?
Thanks given by:
It seizes in over the years, just needs a big hammer lol.
Thanks given by:
awesome i can deal with big hammers!!!
thanks
Thanks given by:
WOW! what a mission spent evening trying to get that f,,./;''king driveshaft out ended up having to remove entire engine mount!!! Wouldnt budge! finally off though! Does anyone know why my new gearbox has a mount underneath but the one on the car doesnt? can i just remove this and crack on? also lower smaller linkage arm looks too small too?! is this box a waste of time?
thanks
Thanks given by:
I had a 'box from a 1.4 106 which was identical to my 306 one. Not sure about the mount underneath or different short linkage, have you got a pic?
Thanks given by:
i dont have an exact pic but if you look at this box...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-SAXO-P...20ecba106c

at the back below the speedo drive there is a mount?
Thanks given by:
So there is...nope, not needed. Remove and carry on! ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  .4 gearbox change upgrade info Teeharv 6 3,655 06-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough