Official battery testing technique!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official battery testing technique!?
Its not a blatantly obvious battery good or battery bad though. It starts the car fine but sometimes it motors over and sort of splutters for a second before it actually starts, where as i know it should be turn the key and it should start almost instantly. Which i think is it not quite turning over fast enough could be the battery could be the starter but because its so slight/subtle its hard to find the bad component because everything does technically work. Just something isnt 100%.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I just had a bosch silver fail, it was loosing charge inconsistently... it would sometimes be fine for weeks and then when "reconditioned" on my charger last either a few days or few weeks... in the end it started smelling of gone off eggs when charging...

Odd as when my motorbike battery failed my charger picked up on it (stops at a certain stage on the "recondition" mode)

Got a new batt from tayna batteries, good price and fast delivery.
Thanks given by:
Dont want to buy a new battery on the off chance it'll fix it. Might take the starter off and see if thats ok...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got fed up and bought a new battery, exactly the same one from halfords, but i routed through the shelf until i found one with the code stamped on it so i knew it was a newer one. 104.99 retail 83.99 trade. So i cleaned the terminals and fitted that, then cleaned all the earths/terminals i could get at around the starter and it seems to be starting much better. Fingers crossed its pitch perfect, it was earlier.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,824 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K