Dashcam Recommendations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dashcam Recommendations
(16-06-2016, 05:03 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(16-06-2016, 04:16 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: I've been thinking of a dash cam, but most look f*cking toss when they're mounted.

Surely it's not even legal to have them like this?

[Image: SJ4000-Car-Mount.jpg]

I don't see why it'd be illegal? Mine has the cable running from the camera up to the roof lining, and the camera itself is mostly hidden behind my rear view mirror. Wink

EDIT: Also, the one in that pic is on the wonk....couldn't put up with that! lol

Well you can't pass the MOT with a big chip/crack in the windscreen if it's in the swept area but having a stonking dash cam stuck to the windscreen is no probs?

I accept it's not illegal now, but it is a grey area that needs sorting out IMO.
Esp as like Tom says, the dash cam will be accompanied by an enormous phablet and all associated cables hanging around like a f*cking spiders web.

but it's ok because it's 'removable' ???
Thanks given by:
No, because you don't mount them like that.

You mount it at the top of the screen near the rear view mirror as mentioned, cables run down the A pillar so nothing hanging either.

So, are you saying that sat navs should be banned too?
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2016, 10:30 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: No, because you don't mount them like that.

You mount it at the top of the screen near the rear view mirror as mentioned, cables run down the A pillar so nothing hanging either.

You don't mount them like that.

Plenty of other idiots do, and you can't deny you've not seen them.

(17-06-2016, 10:30 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: So, are you saying that sat navs should be banned too?

I have seen plenty of sat navs mounted dead centre of the windscreen - are you saying that is ok???

Intelligently mounted they're fine, but you can't trust people to be intelligent can you????
Thanks given by: 1616six
I don't understand that at all, why do people mount them in the middle!? Do rear passengers need to see the route? And you've gotta have a cable rattling round your headunit/heater panel. Much better in the bottom drivers side corner!

Be much better if they made built in ones more affordable though. Imo dashcams should be built in on new cars as well, no reduced visibility or extra cables then.
Thanks given by:
I went for this one in the end http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-SJCAM...SwgQ9VnjPa

Kinda hard choosing as some say they are in the UK then the feedback says otherwise. Out of the ones I looked at though this had less neutral/negative.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2016, 01:08 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I went for this one in the end http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-SJCAM...SwgQ9VnjPa

Kinda hard choosing as some say they are in the UK then the feedback says otherwise. Out of the ones I looked at though this had less neutral/negative.

I purchased the same one from the same seller last night. Hopefully be genuine!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welder recommendations bashbarnard 21 3,931 11-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Mini 0805 Dashcam Toms306 9 1,470 16-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010
  Dash Cam Recommendations 306carter 8 2,129 04-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Last Post: 306carter