1.8 16v oil filter removal??? . . . .any tips??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 16v oil filter removal??? . . . .any tips??
I've hammered shit at it, had various straps and chains on it, access is a pig so doesn't help but I'm just squashing the filter, piggy, it's got bad laquar peel but its a straight car otherwise, exhaust needs welding or replacing, need the parking space back for my van which was elsewhere, needs to come home now though.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Tempted.
Thanks given by:
I had a similar problem a few years back on a berlingo.
Had to hammer and chisel the oil filter base off as it was soo stuck on. I had ripped the entire filter off trying to do the screw driver method . Took 30 mins of trying, to get it off
Thanks given by:
Screw driver, hammer, twist, done
Thanks given by:
If the filter is on tight enough due to someone overtightening it then the screwdriver will tear through the thin sheet metal casing instead of turning the filter.

The screwdriver method works for loose and maybe a marginally overtightened ones.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Try and get a decent long screwdriver onto the rim/lip of the filter as its much meatier...then thump it with a hammer
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Water pump grips will get the oil filter off. Some like these

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0959499137
Thanks given by:
One way to do it if its still not moving, get a long chisel and hit the top of the oil filter lip to break the seal, i have done this as last resorts, but be very very careful.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 03:54 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: One way to do it if its still not moving, get a long chisel and hit the top of the oil filter lip to break the seal, i have done this as last resorts, but be very very careful.

it's going I haven't space anymore £150 will need towing, wanna buy it? lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 04:22 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(11-12-2014, 03:54 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: One way to do it if its still not moving, get a long chisel and hit the top of the oil filter lip to break the seal, i have done this as last resorts, but be very very careful.

it's going I haven't space anymore £150 will need towing, wanna buy it? lol

I need a heated window switch LOL
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
wont need towing, just someone to do the MTFUing and fit a new filterm
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Star 
(12-12-2014, 09:51 AM)welshpug Wrote: wont need towing, just someone to do the MTFUing and fit a new filterm

yeah well, i could easily smash the fuk out of it, it's pretty mangled now as it stands lol, if you want to "mtfu" be my guest, i bought it for a quick flip and cba spending more time on it now, i won't lose any money . .Smile
Thanks given by:
If you wanted some muscle why didn't you just call me Wink?
Thanks given by: