ffs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ffs
Heart 
Received a letter stating I have a penalty charge notice from transport for London. Penalty charge of £65 for the use of a vehicle on a road in the charging area to.which the charging scheme applies.

So what do I do? I Didnt even know it was congestion charging area. I'm not from London so I have no idea how the charge scheme works :/ can I appeal this like with a parking charge?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
There are signs and markings on the road I believe letting you know you are near or entering into a charge zone.
Thanks given by:
Pay up. You were in the wrong dude.
Thanks given by:
Ignorance does not excuse..

Time to cough up!
Thanks given by:
Don't they paint a massive red C on the roads for the congestion zone?

As above though, don't think theres anything you can do about it now.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 04:05 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't they paint a massive red C on the roads for the congestion zone?

Yes i think they do.
Thanks given by:
what was the penalty charge for..

not paying ? or being there with the vehicle ?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 04:19 PM)mcvite Wrote:
(17-10-2014, 04:05 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't they paint a massive red C on the roads for the congestion zone?

Yes i think they do.

They do. There is also LOADS of signs saying how close you are to the CC area and when you are entering it but i can sympathise as there are so many signs and so much going on around London, it can be easy to miss them. If my car wasn't registered on auto pay, id be fined daily! lol

Unfortunately Matt there is no point in appealing. Because its TFL which is a government operator, you have a legal duty to identify the driver (unlike private PC's) so if you weren't driving, your only hope is to drop the driver in it. If you were, cough up and take it as a lesson!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah buddy if you were there then you really cant get out of it. Most of the ANPR cameras are front facing so probably have a driver photo too.

There is signs on pretty much every road into london stating how far you out of the zone and massive red C's painted on the road at every entry point. Its also been very well publicised externally. I have a feeling it's even mentioned in the latest highway code (the thing that all drivers really should know)

You also need to watch out for the London LEZ that is like the congestion charge but for larger vehicles and its going to start to include vans in the next few years (if it doesnt already) and that is alot more expensive, alot larger zone and alot less publicised.
Thanks given by:
I know I've done wrong. But how do you even go into London as an outsider. The signs are everywhere and are confusing as hell, I didnt know I went through the congestion charging.

How do you pay for it in advance? Whilst driving I remember driving past congestion warning signs but said nothing about payments it fines :/
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Online or by phone. You can pay up until the day after you went in.

Like Dum said, its now part of the highway code which is something we are SUPPOSED to familiarise our selves with every time its updated.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just another reason to hate London town tbh, hate driving in central London
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I cant believe you drove into town. Train really is the better option.

That said as Niall says above I'm glad all our work vehicles are on auto pay
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 06:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I cant believe you drove into town. Train really is the better option.

That said as Niall says above I'm glad all our work vehicles are on auto pay

TBH i prefer driving in london over getting public transport with all the peasants :p

Seriously though i do prefer driving but then I'm used to it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
TBH I actually dont like the pubic transport in the center of town. Borris Bikes FTMFW!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Tube is ok, except when it's packed because eurgh people. That's the only public transport I get in central short of the train that gets me there.

I agree with the Boris bikes though, much more freedom.
Thanks given by:
Ive never rented a boris bike but do really want to. Can you do it with your oyster card?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 07:16 PM)Niall Wrote: Ive never rented a boris bike but do really want to. Can you do it with your oyster card?

No, credit or debit card. That way if you damage the bike they can get the money out of you.
Thanks given by:
Yeah borris bike is a credit or debit card but its cheap. £1 to register a card and IIRC about £1 for the first hour which is enough time to get pretty much anywhere in zone 1

Drunk Borris Biking is even more amazing Smile
Thanks given by:
£2 for 24 hour access. Every ride under 30 minutes is free, anything over is charged. There are so many docking stations about too.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 08:35 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: £2 for 24 hour access. Every ride under 30 minutes is free, anything over is charged. There are so many docking stations about too.

could you just do a ride in half hour sections then? like go for half hour for free, dock the bike then take out another for half hour for free?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 08:49 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote:
(17-10-2014, 08:35 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: £2 for 24 hour access. Every ride under 30 minutes is free, anything over is charged. There are so many docking stations about too.

could you just do a ride in half hour sections then? like go for half hour for free, dock the bike then take out another for half hour for free?

No idea. I've hardly used the service, but I'm guessing they've got something to stop that. Probably have to wait a certain amount of time or get a bike from another docking station.

More info here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/barc...his-page-0

TBH though, the charges aren't too bad. I have great memories of riding around central London at midnight on a Sunday with my mate, on a whim because we were bored. He nearly got run over in Picadilly Circus lol
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 09:33 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: TBH though, the charges aren't too bad. I have great memories of riding around central London at midnight on a Sunday with my mate, on a whim because we were bored. He nearly got run over in Picadilly Circus lol

Yeah this. The charges are reasonable however long you have it for. Bear in mind a single in zone 1 on the tube is £2 something IIRC so youll save money

Also I have some very fond memories especially getting one after falling out of Underworld in Camden at 3am and going to cycle to Paddington and somewhere on the Marylebone Road being shouted at by a Police Officer to get out the road and cycle on the pavement. Yes Officerrrrr NospeakPukelol
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 10:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(17-10-2014, 09:33 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: TBH though, the charges aren't too bad. I have great memories of riding around central London at midnight on a Sunday with my mate, on a whim because we were bored. He nearly got run over in Picadilly Circus lol

Yeah this. The charges are reasonable however long you have it for. Bear in mind a single in zone 1 on the tube is £2 something IIRC so youll save money

Also I have some very fond memories especially getting one after falling out of Underworld in Camden at 3am and going to cycle to Paddington and somewhere on the Marylebone Road being shouted at by a Police Officer to get out the road and cycle on the pavement. Yes Officerrrrr NospeakPukelol

lmao
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 10:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

good job he wasnt feeling like a particular asshole, lol

drunk in charge = not nice..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
yeah i'm not 100% on this but i think you can lose your car licence for being caught pissed up on a pushbike . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah Matt you can, you can loose your driving licence for any cycling offence or any other offence for that matter (think burglar using his own car to go and commit burglaries and committing no road traffic offences, just the burglaries could be disqualified as part of his punishment)

Drunk in charge of a pedal cycle comes under the same law that makes it illegal to be drunk in any public place and when was the last time you heard of anyone being arrested for being drunk in public?

Yes. I'l admit it was stupid and very naughty but very very f*cking funny too.
Thanks given by: