Peugeot 30th anniversary 208 Gti

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 30th anniversary 208 Gti
http://youtu.be/9zTheyLIvRc

Awesome advert but the car just looks like another modern day boring piece of poop. And I am sure it does not sound like that in real life

Like the paint scheme though
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
What does it say about a supposed sports car that the entire advert has to be CGI?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
[attachment=19625]
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 08:27 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: What does it say about a supposed sports car that the entire advert has to be CGI?

Personally i think its a bit of a tongue in cheek piss take. Its not supposed to be serious.
No new car is ever going to be like a 205 because of safety and what not but if this is anything like the RCZ R, it will be bloody awesome!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
From what I can see they take a finished one off the production line, swap the brakes and interior and then paint the back end!

Thanks given by:
what they want to do, is remove all the f*cking fancy electronics shite, and just leave it with the very basics like the rallye had, and rework the engine, suspention and brakes, with a bit of an body kit.
Thanks given by:
that advert reminds me of fast and furious pretty sure they used the engine sound track.. cars pretty meh tho
Thanks given by:
I Highly doubt they are basically hand built Sam!
Also, they changed the wishbones for some reason in that video and I'm pretty sure the rear arches are wider?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
http://www.peugeot.co.uk/news/208-gti-30...eot-sport/
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
It cant even compare to the 205 GTI, the 205 still holds its own even today.

The tech spec said its running just over 200 bhp, with 300Nm Torque and for 20K.
Its just another sheep ecoshite piece of expensive junk

Love the paint scheme though, seriously thinking about doing that on my 306, from the pics i cant make out though if the front end is a matt finish

Our Servey said UH UH.....

Long live the 306 Inlove
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
TBH Apparently its having a limited slip diff and few other trick bits, bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, wider track, special paint job and being made in a very limited number..

Think i would happily go and test drive one give the chance.

In fact reading the spec whats not to love? Over 200bhp, 300NM torque, 6spd box, LSD, specced suspension and steering...

"The 208 GTi 30th delivers a more intense driving sensation enhanced with a new Euro 6 1.6-litre THP petrol engine developing 300Nm of torque and maximum power increased to a symbolic 208hp. Mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, it has exceptional traction and efficiency assured through the specification of a Torsen differential, specific suspension and steering settings. The exterior can also be distinguished with an optional paint finish – a coupe franche – where the rear is separated distinctively by a sharp dividing line from which the colours are cleanly divided."

"The 208 GTi 30th accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds and covers 0 to 1000 m in 26.5 seconds. This exceptional performance is matched by an equally impressive braking system: the brake discs are 323 mm in diameter and 28 mm thick and come fitted with Brembo fixed four-piston calipers, all with a view to ensuring optimum braking stability.

The ESP and anti-skid features have been recalibrated to make them less intrusive while driving and to make more traction available. Grip is optimised thanks to a lowered centre of gravity, revised suspension geometry and Michelin Pilot Super Sport 205/40 ZR 18 tyres, ensuring exceptional road-holding - a major plus point when tackling bends. Whatever the driving situation, the 208 GTi 30th helps you keep you cornering tight and accurate while letting you enjoy all the sensations the road ahead has to offer."
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I've gotta agree with Matt here, I'f I was in the market for something new like that I'd be queuing up to put a deposit down.

£20k for a pretty, hot hatch that does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and has an LSD.

I would love to know how limited a number they are going to make.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 12:52 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've gotta agree with Matt here, I'f I was in the market for something new like that I'd be queuing up to put a deposit down.

£20k for a pretty, hot hatch that does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and has an LSD.

I would love to know how limited a number they are going to make.

This. I think too many people think this is a direct replacement for the 205 and it's not. It can't be!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If someone makes another comparison to any car Peugeot produces as 'not being as good as the 205gti' I'm going to bloody top myself...

There isn't a successor to the 205gti, it's something in its own right which cannot be replicated today... If they did make something to replace the 205gti, everyone would complain about its lack of refinement and they wouldn't sell any... They're not in the business of making cars that don't sell, apart from to a niche of purists with adenoidal problems.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 03:03 PM)Ruan Wrote: If someone makes another comparison to any car Peugeot produces as 'not being as good as the 205gti' I'm going to bloody top myself...

Realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....................................

I hear the 209 GTi is gonna be shit compared to the 205 GTi when that comes out

Angel
Thanks given by:
Precisely! if they were trying to replicate the 205 it would be called a 205!

This is a 208 and is its own car.

f*ck it im gonna ring Bengrys and put my name down for a test drive.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, is it just me that none of that happens to?
I get an ass kicking if I'm late home.....
Thanks given by:
I love the look of it and if I had 20k laying about id go get it lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 306 30th Anniversary Exhibition Mighty306 0 1,221 04-12-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Mighty306