Gearbox help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox help
Hi can any1 help me my gear Box on my 306 1.6 has packed up and wondereing What gear Box are fitted to them
Thanks given by:
MA gearbox.

Most likely triple linkage unless its an early ph1.

Same as on other PSA 1.6s of the same era (Saxo/106 etc) though they have slightly different ratios. You could use a 1.4 'box, it will physically fit but the 1.6 is supposed to be a bit stronger.
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate Its a 2002 so will have the tripple
Thanks given by:
Im thinking of removing the TU out my daily any day, its got a 4 month since rebuilt MA on it, with a longer 5th gear (very low rpm at 70!!)

Might sell it if you were interested...would be a good excuse to sack the fookin petrol off!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Buy it just so we get another epic diesel thread
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 06:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: MA gearbox.

Most likely triple linkage unless its an early ph1.

Same as on other PSA 1.6s of the same era (Saxo/106 etc) though they have slightly different ratios. You could use a 1.4 'box, it will physically fit but the 1.6 is supposed to be a bit stronger.

all ma gearboxes are weak I went through 3 in my 1.4 I had and the saxo/106 ones have a slightly different top linkage as the angle is on the side and not on the flat, pic attached of the difference (the best I can show)
Thanks given by:
There are 2 different long linkages, if you buy a box with the other tyre can just change the linkage.
Thanks given by:
different bell housings too between Iron and Alloy blocks, the sport models got bigger sun and planet gears too
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: