Anyone else agree this is a fairly sensible policy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else agree this is a fairly sensible policy?
Monster energy etc. really is horrendous for your health in quite a number of ways.
It does taste good but I try not to have it more than every couple of months if that.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Everythings bad for your health in one way or another though! Confused

Everytime I go to my Nans she's telling me about another food that the newspaper says is gonna kill everyone. lol

And as the kids say, YOLO, just eat/drink/smoke what you want. Whats the point of living to 110 if you're bored shitless eating nuts and pulses and drinking distilled water every day. Big Grin

Not to mention the fact we all drive round filling the air with all sorts of shite without worrying about it. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 10:57 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 10:53 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Good plan, there's some awful shit in them. I only use them in case of emergencies. Like being hungover.

Pretty much this.

Bacon, egg and black pudding in a breadcake washed down with a can of Monster and 3-4 Marlboro reds. Cures any hangover!

Massive amounts of tea work for me (Yorkshire tea of course) , Strong with 2 sugars!

Agree RE Energy drinks though I only tend to have them on long drives TBH
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I used to live on these when I worked studied hours, 80mg caffeine in a can wooohoooo,
I agree should not be sold to under 16.
Thanks given by:
I think the age restriction is a good idea, however as it's not the law it means uneven enforcement. Anyone over 16 should be smart enough to know to enjoy/use these drinks in moderation. I use them if I'm going from an late into an early (4 hrs sleep) or if I'm out after doing an early (up 20+ hours strait) however these r very rare occasions.

What makes me laugh is u see the chavs.... They always either have a beer or an energy drink in there hand. The mind boggles at the sense of having 1 drink to sleep and another 2 wake up. Add to that the 20 fags they all smoke a day and I dread to think what colour their insides are!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 10:49 PM)Orta Wrote: I think the age restriction is a good idea, however as it's not the law it means uneven enforcement. Anyone over 16 should be smart enough to know to enjoy/use these drinks in moderation. I use them if I'm going from an late into an early (4 hrs sleep) or if I'm out after doing an early (up 20+ hours strait) however these r very rare occasions.

What makes me laugh is u see the chavs.... They always either have a beer or an energy drink in there hand. The mind boggles at the sense of having 1 drink to sleep and another 2 wake up. Add to that the 20 fags they all smoke a day and I dread to think what colour their insides are!

not to mention the bit rave shite that they listen to when they having all that too.
Thanks given by:
I think its a fair policy and do agree in a way but I bet if a 15 year old went to the EHRC they would have the ban overturned get a massive pay out for being unfairly discriminated against on the grounds of age.
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 04:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Everythings bad for your health in one way or another though! Confused

Everytime I go to my Nans she's telling me about another food that the newspaper says is gonna kill everyone. lol

And as the kids say, YOLO, just eat/drink/smoke what you want. Whats the point of living to 110 if you're bored shitless eating nuts and pulses and drinking distilled water every day. Big Grin

Not to mention the fact we all drive round filling the air with all sorts of shite without worrying about it. Itwasntme

No it isn't though. Everything has been claimed to be bad for your health by the daily mail and metro news etc. but a HUGE spike in blood sugar coupled with a massive dose of caffiene is definitely, irrefutably unhealthy, along with many dubious artificial chemicals that although not definitely proven to be specifically unhealthy, your body will have difficulty processing.

I do a lot of sports and eat quite healthily most of the time and it's not to live long, I feel great, and when I eat shite all the time I feel shite! Although clearly I am pictured on the left enjoying a cigar with my fat stacks of cash I make on a daily basis so I don't want to be too hypocritical.

Your body is literally made of what you consume and if you consume horrible crap you're not really providing your body with the right things it needs to operate properly.

In any case, you'll be alright if you have "bad" things in moderation and as a treat, and you'll probably notice ill effects if you constantly and habitually consume bad things, but ultimately it is your body and you can eat and drink whatever you like!

YOLO is true, as I'm only here once I'd rather have a good life and feel good instead of feeling run down and crap all the time as I won't have another life!

Regarding shop policy, yes it is easy for them to go down the road and buy elsewhere, but the odd parent might be buying it for a 12 year old and stop and think "hmm if they think it is a bad idea, maybe it is!" I'm sure we have all encountered parents who have their kids guzzling coke and eating crisps non-stop without a second thought so maybe just planting the idea that it isn't for the best in people's heads is already a positive step.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 08:35 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think its a fair policy and do agree in a way but I bet if a 15 year old went to the EHRC they would have the ban overturned get a massive pay out for being unfairly discriminated against on the grounds of age.

The age discrimination laws only apply to discrimination to those over 45. If I remember my a level law correctly...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
A can of Coke is just as bad as Red Bull. Why don't they put a ban on those too?

Levels of sugar in drinks
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 01:49 PM)Alan_M Wrote: A can of Coke is just as bad as Red Bull. Why don't they put a ban on those too?

Levels of sugar in drinks

Lucozade has loads too but that's not really the issue, it's all the other shit that is in them.
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 12:01 PM)Orta Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 08:35 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think its a fair policy and do agree in a way but I bet if a 15 year old went to the EHRC they would have the ban overturned get a massive pay out for being unfairly discriminated against on the grounds of age.

The age discrimination laws only apply to discrimination to those over 45. If I remember my a level law correctly...

Wrong because if that was the case, the act its self would be discriminating against people under 45 by not offering them protection.
The age discrimination act applies to everyone.

Regardless anyway, they would never get a pay out. It would never even get past a solicitor as its the shop keepers right to serve you or not and they don't have to have any grounds for not serving you. The fact this shop keeper is doing something for children's health would if anything probably be praised by the courts!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 11:34 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 04:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Everythings bad for your health in one way or another though! Confused

No it isn't though. Everything has been claimed to be bad for your health by the daily mail and metro news etc. but a HUGE spike in blood sugar coupled with a massive dose of caffiene is definitely, irrefutably unhealthy, along with many dubious artificial chemicals that although not definitely proven to be specifically unhealthy, your body will have difficulty processing.

I do a lot of sports and eat quite healthily most of the time and it's not to live long, I feel great, and when I eat shite all the time I feel shite! Although clearly I am pictured on the left enjoying a cigar with my fat stacks of cash I make on a daily basis so I don't want to be too hypocritical.

Your body is literally made of what you consume and if you consume horrible crap you're not really providing your body with the right things it needs to operate properly.

In any case, you'll be alright if you have "bad" things in moderation and as a treat, and you'll probably notice ill effects if you constantly and habitually consume bad things, but ultimately it is your body and you can eat and drink whatever you like!

YOLO is true, as I'm only here once I'd rather have a good life and feel good instead of feeling run down and crap all the time as I won't have another life!

Regarding shop policy, yes it is easy for them to go down the road and buy elsewhere, but the odd parent might be buying it for a 12 year old and stop and think "hmm if they think it is a bad idea, maybe it is!" I'm sure we have all encountered parents who have their kids guzzling coke and eating crisps non-stop without a second thought so maybe just planting the idea that it isn't for the best in people's heads is already a positive step.

You got me with that one lol i looked lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
lmao lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I just take a pro plus if im struggling and have plans instead of sleep. If i can nap i do that instead but thats not always the case.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
http://www.rense.com/general88/bull.htm
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A fairly rare sight in Scotland LOL maxaret 9 2,269 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  Professional driving licence changes, agree or disagree? Dodgy Bob 4 1,695 27-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Dodgy Bob
  Mirror car insurance policy Daniel306 4 1,378 03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Last Post: procta