Car transporter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car transporter
Hi guys,

I plan on buying a car with no tax/mot and need it transporting from Newport, Wales to Walsall in the Midlands.

Anybody know of any cheap companies they've used or anyone on here fancy making a bit of cash? Wink

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Danny on here, username is something like Danny2009 I think, has a recovery truck I believe.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 06:10 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Danny on here, username is something like Danny2009 I think, has a recovery truck I believe.

Only problem is he's from Rotherham. Bit of a trek but he may still.

Why not hire one if you're old enough to hire out? And as long as the transporter you hire plus the car doesn't exceed licence. I know ozonehostile did this with a sprinter derived one.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
What car is it? Weve only got a smallish car trailor now down the garage and the garage is in newport
Thanks given by:
Its an old honda prelude. I never thought about hiring one tbh, i'll look into that as well. Thanks
Thanks given by:
Prelude sounds awesome, pics required. But yeah a transporter is the way to go I reckon Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Try anyvan or shiply.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
We hired one was £80 a day tho weekend hire
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Transporters don't seem to be common at hire companies. I've hired one a couple of times from a place in Malvern and moved my Rover 400 on it and brought back a 1275GT Mini. It was about £100 and an Iveco based thing.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161432224860

This is the prelude, contemplating it as a second car. Depends how much it goes for as i dont have too much spare cash to throw at it especially as i need to get it over from wales.

Thanks again for all the help Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the recommendation

I've replied to your pm with my contact number I don't come on here any more
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
re those BORBET wheels on the Honda? if so, you have a few £££££££'s worth of wheels there fella!
Thanks given by:
Are those BORBET wheels on the Honda? if so, you have a few £££££££'s worth of wheels there fella!
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 09:14 PM)DavidA Wrote: Transporters don't seem to be common at hire companies. I've hired one a couple of times from a place in Malvern and moved my Rover 400 on it and brought back a 1275GT Mini. It was about £100 and an Iveco based thing.

Yeah man if you need one near malvern again and the one you had isn't available Owen bros between Hereford and holme lacy have one Smile
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 10:00 PM)NOSE Wrote: Are those BORBET wheels on the Honda? if so, you have a few £££££££'s worth of wheels there fella!

Have no idea. Decided to leave it, with the transport costs and the car then repairs, it's not really worth it
Thanks given by:
Shipley.co.uk is a good shout. I had a T2 Camper brought from Cornwall to Leeds for £190.
Thanks given by:
TBH it's worth it for the wheels alone.
The old BA luds being 4x100 there is a fair market for those wheels...

They are just not in demand at all so gooduns tend to be cheap anyway.
But with spare parts and good rear arches it would be a very nice car when done.
And the wheels Smile
Thanks given by:
I've used AnyVan 3 times now and can't fault the service tbh. Different guy each time and had no issues, though I guess some aren't so good on there.
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2014, 02:24 PM)nominous Wrote: TBH it's worth it for the wheels alone.
The old BA luds being 4x100 there is a fair market for those wheels...

They are just not in demand at all so gooduns tend to be cheap anyway.
But with spare parts and good rear arches it would be a very nice car when done.
And the wheels Smile

Yeah it is tempting but it's a gamble as you can't really tell what else might need replacing and if the engine/gearbox are ok. I dont want to spend near on 1k to restore it, i'd rather buy a 1999 celica/mr2 lol
Thanks given by: