What car/van Is this dw10 engine originally from?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What car/van Is this dw10 engine originally from?
Went to remap a lads car today only to realise it's a single plug dw10 engine rather than a 3 plug. Has 2 oil filling point too. Any ideas?

[Image: 003dc6a7e4ce0f53185afad6c2249bf1.jpg]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
306 HDi's are single plug before X reg.

No idea on the 2 filler caps though! Confused
Thanks given by:
The filler caps im thinking the enginenis maybe a 307 engine, with the 306 rocker on it? Or something like that where the engine is hidden under the scuttle panel..
Thanks given by:
307s had 2 filler points.
806/7/c8 may have too.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 07:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 306 HDi's are single plug before X reg.

No idea on the 2 filler caps though! Confused

This was X reg so maybe was back in single plug days

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Citroen dispatch has to fillers on it all most sure of it :-) I can check to marra I work in a van scrappy
Thanks given by:
even if it is from a different vehicle it matters not, as long as it has all the matching ancillaries for its original ecu, unless someone has patched in a different engine loom to the 306's original two engine to chassis loom plugs.
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 09:25 PM)welshpug Wrote: even if it is from a different vehicle it matters not, as long as it has all the matching ancillaries for its original ecu, unless someone has patched in a different engine loom to the 306's original two engine to chassis loom plugs.

Aye I thought the engine being the same wouldn't be a problem. But the map I have wouldn't work with the single plug ecu. It was constantly on limp mode when we gave it a go anyway.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
HDi ECU's are a bit of a pain in the arse tbh, you need to match the numbers on them exactly, not just check how many plugs there are, I've now got about 6 or 7 different numbered maps for them!! Daft really, when you consider a PD130 Golf ALL run the same map without having to even look at the numbers.

I can't imagine anything newer than the 306 would have a single plug ECU, as the 3 plug is when the extra emmisions shite came in. So if the engine is out of something else they must've kept the original loom/ECU.
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 08:16 AM)Toms306 Wrote: HDi ECU's are a bit of a pain in the arse tbh, you need to match the numbers on them exactly, not just check how many plugs there are, I've now got about 6 or 7 different numbered maps for them!! Daft really, when you consider a PD130 Golf ALL run the same map without having to even look at the numbers.

I can't imagine anything newer than the 306 would have a single plug ECU, as the 3 plug is when the extra emmisions shite came in. So if the engine is out of something else they must've kept the original loom/ECU.

How annoying Sad I had a quick look and could've sworn it was the same number as mine but oh well Sad hopefully I can get this lad to pay for a different map from someone else as I told him I don't mind doing the flashing.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
What was causing the limp mode?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 12:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: What was causing the limp mode?

No clue mate. Surprised it worked after flashing with a map not correct for the ecu.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6 Dreijers 43 16,046 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Wink Converting DW10 to IDI (XUD) TwinkleToes 22 6,694 27-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,616 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland