gti6 Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti6 Australia
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morningsi...1057378904

need some advice on this, I desperately want this (I would get a Dturbo but none around :p )

I know f all about the gti's, so please advise what I could check for if I were to go have a look at this to diagnose this problem?

Dave
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There are many GTI6's/D Turbos that pop up quite often, it would cost you a fortune to get to Aus and back!
Save your money and wait until you find a car a bit more local!
Wouldnt touch that with a bargepoll - could cost you a fortune to get it put right!
Thanks given by:
He's in aus my95!

Dave after all the petrol abuse how could you haha...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 06:05 AM)MY95 Wrote: There are many GTI6's/D Turbos that pop up quite often, it would cost you a fortune to get to Aus and back!
Save your money and wait until you find a car a bit more local!
Wouldnt touch that with a bargepoll - could cost you a fortune to get it put right!

Haha this is 5 mins from me Wink

they are rare as foooook here, its gone now though so missed out on it Sad

Darren, seriously needs must, I need a 306 and this was the only thing that was below 4k! Sad Im still on the hunt for a diesel, they just dont exist over here! The v6's are horrendously lazy too.

Commodore V8's producing 320 hp... wtfs with that stil using push rods....

Theres a couple of old busses about that would tickle james' fancy quite up there but nothing that I would wanna drive 12+ hours to Sydney and back haha
Thanks given by:
I see aha, my bad, saw 'Midlands' next to your name and photo and thought you were still in the UK
Fair enough if they are rare over there I would have said go for it but always be prepared to purchase and fit/get a new engine fitted
Thanks given by:
If I emigrated I'd have a ute of some kind... Big v8 ford or Holden. Not a little peugeot!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Better luck next time..!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 09:37 AM)Orta Wrote: If I emigrated I'd have a ute of some kind... Big v8 ford or Holden. Not a little peugeot!!

I believe the correct pronunciation is "pick-up". Wink

I have nothing useful to contribute here.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^ Best comment ever lol

TBH mate if they're rare out there then wait for a half decent one to come up rather than commiting to a dog rough one just too fulfill a 306 deficit lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'd imagine cars don't go so rusty out there with the lack of constant drizzle and probably don't need to salt the roads in winter?

Depends when it left the UK though I guess.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad thing you missed that one, interior looks saggy and a random electrical fault aren't ideal! There must be better cars than 306s out there!! Holden VXR8 maybe? Tongue
Thanks given by:
spend the money to ship your one down dave? I'm sure we could fill the boot with a spares including a block and a few headgaskets for when (not if) you blow the thing up on the Aussie freeways

no MOT down under is there?
Thanks given by:
I live out of the UK there days and I remember reading somewhere you can take your car with you, as long as you have owned it for a set period(6 month?) TAX free, just have to pay for shipping.

I havent done that, as I have always kept my car on UK plates within the EU.
Thanks given by:
Moving a car over here is monumentally more hassle than its worth. I might aswell get one thats similar dog rough state than my current 306, and just get the rods shipped over with a box of bits like blower etc hehe, but no garage and shit to work, and not got the time with work etc.

I've now got my heart set on a Lolvo 850 cruise barge though with bed in the back for rootin in the middle of no where Big Grin I rented a toyota camry last week for $200 for the weekend to go to Byron Bay, and it was nice to drive just stale/no character at all, like a BMW. The Lolvo's just look so awesome and are like driving the front room of your country cottage, theres something appealing about those!

I would get a pick-up but they are just silly expensive for anything worthwhile. IE 8K+ for even a 90's Landy with equivalent tax/mot. I want to spend about $2000 not 20k!
Thanks given by:
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/281444144298?nav=SEARCH
Thanks given by:
Only 2,100 km away...
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 08:26 AM)Dave Wrote: Only 2,100 km away...

That's a short drive for Aussies? lmao
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
850s are great cars, immensely comfortable and beautifully built.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australia Q and A ozpug 49 9,374 25-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Posting to australia lolsteve 3 1,382 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Last Post: lolsteve