Newbie!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie!
Hi all! Newbie here wanting alittle advise.

Iv recently purchased a blaze '98 gti-6 with the idea of building a fast road/track car at a reasonable price. After reading about 'jammapic' 's car on here i decided to go down the throttle bodies route with standard ecu. I brought the jenveys and green injectors (440's i think), had Wayne at Chipwizards fit and map it and it came back awesome! #big thanks to Wayne.

Now for the advise?? Im going to purchase some acl bearings and arp bolts shortly as i want a slightly more aggressive cam with altering pistons/lifters etc, whats the best cam to have and whats the rpm limit. And, Whats the best chassis upgrade, iv read alot about solid rear beam mounts, hybrid rear arb, oversized torsion bars, and iv seen some trick mounts for the front wishbones. Obviously to have everything would be nice but thats not realistic.

Any advise would be much apprieciated!
Thanks
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 01:47 PM)Beany58 Wrote: Hi all! Newbie here wanting alittle advise.

Iv recently purchased a blaze '98 gti-6 with the idea of building a fast road/track car at a reasonable price. After reading about 'jammapic' 's car on here i decided to go down the throttle bodies route with standard ecu. I brought the jenveys and green injectors (440's i think), had Wayne at Chipwizards fit and map it and it came back awesome! #big thanks to Wayne.

Now for the advise?? Im going to purchase some acl bearings and arp bolts shortly as i want a slightly more aggressive cam with altering pistons/lifters etc, whats the best cam to have and whats the rpm limit. And, Whats the best chassis upgrade, iv read alot about solid rear beam mounts, hybrid rear arb, oversized torsion bars, and iv seen some trick mounts for the front wishbones. Obviously to have everything would be nice but thats not realistic.

Any advise would be much apprieciated!
Thanks

Hi and welcome.
Do you have any pics.
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Smile

Get a project up of your car, so we can follow as you mod your '6
Thanks given by:
Thanks! Im not too good with computers so bear with me.....
[attachment=19194]

[attachment=19198]
Thanks given by:
That's looks like it's in pretty good shape.

Liking the blaze!
Thanks given by:
Yeah its pretty clean tbh apart from the drivers front wing which lets it down and the rear beam bushes which are slightly worn, other that that im pretty happy with it. Just chasing more power and better handling. Huh
Thanks given by:
ITB friend! Big Grin

So... handling wise... get some bilstein B8 shocks with -30mm eibach springs. Lower the rear beam to suit and get some bilstein shocks on that too. Maybe get some eccentric suspension top mounts for a bit of camber?

With regards to the wishbones you can get roller bearing PBushes but they need maintenance and are crashy apparently. Best option is to fit the PBushes from a peugeot partner!

If you havent got decent tyres already then the michelin pilot sport 3s are very good both on the road and track. About 63 quid a corner too. Mine was 280 quid for the tyres and fitting from blackcircles.

Some say that top and bottom braces dont do anything but tbh you can pick them up cheap so whack them on and see what you think. remember to get longer bolts!

With the engine the baker BM and vibratechnic mounts are good. I need to replace mine. Solid rear beam mounts are meant to be good too but again i havent fitted mine yet.

Have fun and hopefully youll join us for some shows next year!
Thanks given by:
Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. Iv been tempted with them shockers for a while now so ill sort it out. Think its got a 30mm drop on the front already. Rear is abit low so that wants bringing up a touch but i didnt want to touch it without finding out about torsion bars and the arb first. Its got a lower front strut brace already on so i suppose i should get a upper one anyways. Iv seen some bakerbm top mounts but they're a few pennies tbh. Same goes for them rear subframe mounts but ill have to maybe have a go at fabricating some myself. Whats the difference with the partner p bushes on the front wishbones? They a straight swap no meither?? Iv got 6 spare wheels with nearly new a048's so im good for tyres for now. Smile

Thanks again and im sure ill see you at a car show in the future.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome! Big Grin

Nice to see someone that has taken JP's idea and followed it! no doubt he will be happy with that Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum,Hello
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys!
Thanks given by:
ohh, Trumpets! Nice
Thanks given by: