Loss of power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of power
Been messing around lately getting through the rev range to see what the standard car can do. I've noticed that near the top of the rev range it has no power, the revs pick up but the power just drops. Is this because it's running on a Lucas pump or is it something more?
Thanks given by:
It will lose power above 4k on most diesels, even the bosch - unless you gov mod it, so yeah sounds normal tbh
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 02:19 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: It will lose power above 4k on most diesels, even the bosch - unless you gov mod it, so yeah sounds normal tbh

Hmm will have to Bosch and gov mod it, hate the feeling of having a nice amount of power then nothing
Thanks given by:
Get used to it lol, that's how diesel delivery is... Its not like petrol where you get the most power just before the red line.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 02:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Get used to it lol, that's how diesel delivery is... Its not like petrol where you get the most power just before the red line.

I'll have to just do what I can then Smile
Thanks given by:
Yep, or you could try using that stick in the centre of the car....just as the power drops off at 4k'ish, change gear and you'll drop right back into the power band in the next gear. No point redlining a diesel...well, unless you want to coal someone following haha.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 03:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep, or you could try using that stick in the centre of the car....just as the power drops off at 4k'ish, change gear and you'll drop right back into the power band in the next gear. No point redlining a diesel...well, unless you want to coal someone following haha.

Haha it drops just before 4k so I'll see what mods I can do Smile gov mod seems like it will help. Not sure what LDA grind does but I'll see wgen I get a Bosch pump Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the govnr, starts cutting fuel just before 4k I think. Modify the gov springs and you will only change gear when your nerves tell you to.
LDA grind allows more fuel on boost and with adjustment less off boost.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 03:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah thats the govnr, starts cutting fuel just before 4k I think. Modify the gov springs and you will only change gear when your nerves tell you to.

Thats how I killed my Sigma ph1 back in the day, gov shimmed solid and dan'd bosch, went like an absolute train for the 3 days it lasted,then blew its HG. that car was absolutely SPOTLESS as well. Shame.
Thanks given by:
Shame you had no balls and didnt do the HG?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 03:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: Shame you had no balls and didnt do the HG?!

Didn't really know what I was doing back then!
Thanks given by:
Gutting... Well now you do and now you own an excellent car for a xud9 Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 03:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah thats the govnr, starts cutting fuel just before 4k I think. Modify the gov springs and you will only change gear when your nerves tell you to.

Thanks piggy Smile cant wait to bosch it now haha
Thanks given by:
Wind the max fuel to the stop (if it doesn't cut the pump), remove the max rev screw and remove any tension in the throttle cable. Had my lucas pump revving to 4,750 before it began to cut fuel.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
"Screw da pump to f*ck n drop her 4 nicks at da back!"
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…