uprated oil pump for xudt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uprated oil pump for xudt?
I want to replace the oil pump on my 306 dturbo, is there anyway of uprating it so that the oil pressure is increases? If so how?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Im sure CJderv fitted a higher rated 6 or 8 bar spring in his
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why? Are you expiriencing oil pressure issues?
Thanks given by:
The engine is designed to run at certain oil pressures. Why change that? Just make sure it's making the correct pressure it should be and you will be fine.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Dicing with death if you up your oil pressure to be honest. It will just start blowing seals
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Absolutely no point in doing this! Unless you're intending on spinning the engine significantly faster and have various parts that are designed to have the pressure higher, don't even touch it!

I don't think I've EVER seen an XUD9 fail due to lack of oil pressure, I've seen pretty much every other failure mode, but never just oil pressure - always caused by something else!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well specificslly the diesels run a 5 bar relief spring same as the 8v xu petrol engines but the 16v used a 6 bar spring, but they have 16 hydraulic tappets too, not solids and shims like the 8v and xud.

Pump gearing is different also
Thanks given by:
It would be quite easy to increase pressure (spring) or flow (gearing) using parts from other XU engines, but the question as above would be why and what you're looking to achieve?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: