The bought not built estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bought not built estate
Got a few bits done to this in prep for pugfest. Still had the noise coming from it went bring it up on boost, first i thought it was a boost leak, then i thought it maybe the turbo dying. Anyway over the last weekend i decided to have a crack at sorting it. I wanted to check the turbo etc just to be sure was all ok. Got the subframe dropped down so i could get to everything a lot easier.

[Image: D1B3B454-BF8F-4C80-901A-E89C109C5263_zps8fcssvtk.jpg]

Started to then look for any signs that could be causing the noise, turbo felt fine, couple small exhaust blows on the flange where it bolts to the turbo but nothing major other than one of the exhaust nuts had come undone all the way. Typically the most awkward one to get to.

[Image: 88F420EB-A24D-4553-B83F-A2C8E9EB9E1F_zpslvpgpwu2.jpg]

I still wanted to drop the inlet off just to check that was all clean and the gasket was ok which is where i found my issue.

[Image: F5EA2B51-E91A-4F58-8C7B-BED19372521C_zpskfxixtha.jpg]

[Image: 8899473C-AC51-424D-A141-D9F1D484908A_zps3xkhukgr.jpg]

Looked like the gasket had blown through. Was glad i had found something that i was pretty confident was causing my noise. Out the inlet back on and exhaust manifold/turbo with new gaskets. Anyway as the exhaust and subframe where off i gave them a fresh bit of pain to tidy them up.

My other issue has been a knock i get when i go over fairly hard bumps. Got no play in anything but decide to get some new anti roll bar bushes from peugeot as they are a lot easier to fit with the subframe out and when it was all going back together put some new TRW drop links on as well in the hope to sort the knock.

Road test and the boost leak noise had gone but the knock is still there slightly. So good and bad news. The knock doesn't happen that often but is a annoying as spent a fair bit of money on fitting a lot of the suspension parts lately. One of the last things i can think to try is the strut top mounts, if that doesn't sort it i'm a bit worried it could be the shocks. Its just a bit strange as the noise seems to come from both sides.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see a thread up fella

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Haven't had chance to update this since pugfest. Car made it up to presscott and back all good with the car doing 5 runs up the hill, 4 with me driving and i let Matt(MY95) take it up the hill as he wanted to see what it was like hope he enjoyed it. Clutch did slip on 1 of the runs which i could put down to the extra weight of Ruan and Tom both on board Smile I still don't have total confidence on the clutch but other than it slipping once going up the hill i can't fault it. Car seems to be going pretty well at the moment especially after sorting the leak from the inlet gasket.

Anyway standard issue after pugfest is a few pics. Ill try not to bore you with too many and thanks to anyone who got pics of the estate going up the hill.

[Image: estate%20high%20res%20john%20hancock%20p...urlpg6.jpg]

[Image: Pugfest%202016%20-%2088%20of%20222_zpsw9r16gnl.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0851_zpsep4aq4wt.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0855_zpsmhffr5zm.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0409_zpsvesflbkl.jpg]

[Image: 28246102246_403018a733_o_zpstocuvzyg.jpg]

Only issue i seem to have is the annoying knock it sometimes does on uneven road. Got some new top mounts which is what i'm going to try when i get chance to fit them.
Thanks given by:
A change of wheels, i really can't decide if i like them on the car. Whats anyone else think?

[Image: IMG_78241_zpscakcufvu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_78261_zpsusxvgpbc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wheels aren't a million miles from the pug ones, quite like them mate, looking good Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Prefer the OEM Nimrods, do like those wheels on the hatches though. Definitely not a bad choice!
Thanks given by:
i think i prefer the oem wheels. It looks like its trying a bit too hard now.
Thanks given by:
Love the team dynamics, much nicer and sort of OEM+.

I need to drop my sub frame to get the inle off and full remove the egr!
Thanks given by:
I like them but they look a bit small, are they only 15"s?
Thanks given by:
Certainly different opinions on the wheels it seems. I really can't decide if i like them but i went to the effort of removing all the studs so i could fit them so i'll leave them on for the time being.

You're not the first person to say that dum dum, i think they look small but they are 16s. They needed tyres on 2 of them so i put 205/45s on them whereas they had 195/45s before. think that maybe why cuz the tyres are a bit bigger but i run 205/45s on the nimrods as well.
Thanks given by:
They look good. The back ones look like they need to be spaced out a tad
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2016, 09:06 PM)tim 306td Wrote: They look good. The back ones look like they need to be spaced out a tad

I did think this as well, think i've got some 12mm spacers that i will try but will need to get some longer bolts. I don't want to have to roll the arches at all though.
Thanks given by:
Think those wheels looks dope tbh, 16 is perfect size.

Keep them Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm with Frosty, they don't quite look right on the estate. Look smart though mate.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2016, 03:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: I'm with Frosty, they don't quite look right on the estate. Look smart though mate.

Yeah i just think they look a bit too much for the estate IMO.
Thanks given by:
Always preferred this estate on silver nimrods Smile always looked spot on!

By far my favourite estate on the forum, keep up the good work frosty Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I love the wheels, i'm think to buy a set for my S16 ! the nimrods it's fine too, problem is the spacer that you have to get, right ?
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2016, 11:56 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Always preferred this estate on silver nimrods Smile always looked spot on!

Cheers bud

(10-12-2016, 06:35 PM)Pingaz Wrote: I love the wheels, i'm think to buy a set for my S16 ! the nimrods it's fine too, problem is the spacer that you have to get, right ?

Yeah need spacers for the nimrods, i had 15mm all round. The team dynamics dont have any spacers though i think would look better with the rears spaced out a bit.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2016, 06:59 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 11:56 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Always preferred this estate on silver nimrods Smile always looked spot on!

Cheers bud

(10-12-2016, 06:35 PM)Pingaz Wrote: I love the wheels, i'm think to buy a set for my S16 ! the nimrods it's fine too, problem is the spacer that you have to get, right ?

Yeah need spacers for the nimrods, i had 15mm all round. The team dynamics dont have any spacers though i think would look better with the rears spaced out a bit.

Yeah, i think with a bit of spacing on the back will look very good. I wanted to put the nimrods on my s16, but the police here in portugal doesn't like spacers at all, they are ilegal here :|
Thanks given by:
Just to keep this ticking along. I decided I wasn't that keen on the team dynamics wheels on the estate and i could use the money they're worth better else where so as some of you may have seen Mac22 now has them on his ph1 white dt and they suit that a lot better. So this is back on the nimrods which i personally suit the car pretty well.

Not much new has happened with the car, well to be honest i haven't really even driven it. I have got some bits coming for it from Miles so that will give me something to do to it in the months ahead. Hopefully they will sort out one of my issues that i have with the car but we shall see.

I did over the weekend give it a decent clean on the outside. I came across a car cleaning product company called Genie car care on Facebook and they are really local to be so I've been waiting to give their products a try and i'm really impressed with everything i have used so far and it's great to be able to support local businesses. A few pics of the results so you can see for yourselves.

[Image: IMG_82811_zpsod7fs8sm.jpg]

[Image: IMG_82801_zpsjt4lwmxa.jpg]

[Image: IMG_82781_zpsun0itvnw.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice looking motor this. Really like them on nimrods.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I do like nimrods on a 306, got a 206 for breaking at the yard so might have a swaps.

This is a great looking motor, paint the IC black and get black hoses and she'll be sweet!
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2017, 08:17 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: nice looking motor this. Really like them on nimrods.

Cheers bud

(07-02-2017, 10:58 PM)allye Wrote: I do like nimrods on a 306, got a 206 for breaking at the yard so might have a swaps.

This is a great looking motor, paint the IC black and get black hoses and she'll be sweet!

Nah i like the lairy FMIC look to be honest, if i was to do anything i would put a bumper on with a grill in it.
Thanks given by:
Always loved this car on nimrods Big Grin was it on graphite coloured ones at one point?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2017, 09:27 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Always loved this car on nimrods Big Grin  was it on graphite coloured ones at one point?

Not that i know of, i've always had it on silver or white nimrods same as Jonny did i think.
Thanks given by:
I put it on cossack grey nimrods when I originally bought it back in 2013
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Ah Matt was right then, think i remember now you mention it.
Thanks given by:
For a change i have actually been driving this car, just remember how much i enjoy driving it Smile

[Image: IMG_84211_zpszblify9m.jpg]

Had my parcel from Miles turn up last week as well so i will get round to fitting these sometime.

[Image: IMG_83811_zpst7zlg1jb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes! This car still looks great! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Still my favourite car on the forum by a long shot as you know buddy, still looks mint! Raceestate4life! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The bought not built ph1 VNT Estate clarkey2010 32 9,306 12-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010
  Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!) Tallguy_2 226 64,767 25-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Tallguy_2