205 derv owner from N.I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 derv owner from N.I
Hi lads. New to the forum. 20 year old Motorsport engineering student from N.I. Usually a jap car guy, I break MX5's and build up mx5 track cars. One finished standardish track car, another one being built up similar spec and my baby. Wide arched, no windscreen 1.8 vvt on a set of bike carbs with custom wired megajolt e,cu!
I did a bit of preparation on a 1.9 gti track car several years ago, that and their rally heritage always drew me to 205's. Been dying to get my hands on one as a daily. Then discovered the mountain of modification that is available to the xud9 engine etc and couldn't resist the possibility of a derv missile in 205 form.
Found this 1.8na diesel, already fitted with gti valences front and rear aswell as gti speedlines. It was at fairly handy money to a broke student so I couldn't resist. All my builds are done with minimal money and from parts that nobody else wants! So you'll have to bare with a poor student as this build hopefully progresses.
Plans thus far are to actually get the car through and mot as it has been lying for over a year, a wee granda motor though and *touch wood* seems to be running very nicely. After the not fun bit, plans include the addition of gti interior and exterior parts, lowering, gti front crossmember and wishbone set-up, and a possibly forged custom built xud9te with lots of scary shiny things. (budget permitting)
Thanks given by:
The yocks!
Thanks given by:
Best newbie thread yet! Big Grin

Welcome aboard kiddo, that MX5 actually looks pretty savage lol How do you find the megajolt for live mapping?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hello and wecome that a cool lookin bus ya have there :-)
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 12:42 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Best newbie thread yet! Big Grin

Welcome aboard kiddo, that MX5 actually looks pretty savage lol How do you find the megajolt for live mapping?

The megajolt is a fantastic bit of kit for the money, the entire kit including:
vr sensor
trigger wheel
New ford coil pack
New EDIS module
custom plug lead ends
all wiring
Ecu itself preloaded with a "limp home" style map to get it running
only cost £300 quid! Fantastic value and was the most money id spent on the whole project. It's slightly more restricted in terms of mapping compared to what is available for megasquirt such as tunerstudio etc but definitely meets my needs to get the car running right and have a bit of craic. It started first time and was the first full custom loom I'd ever done, put it that way! I've finished the map using the help of a friend who put the same engine on throttle bodies but haven't programmed it all in yet, stuck inbetween work in college and normal service work and a second job!
Some more pics for good measure.
Thanks given by:
Looks like my kinda shed! all those old cars... Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome along ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Cheers lad!
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome along man, that mx-5 looks incredible! Look forward to seeing what you pull out of the bag with the 205.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,070 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b