brakes sticking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brakes sticking
I fitted 307 hdi brake calipers (believed to be the same as gti6)on my 306, used brand new discs and pads but i find the brakes stick and heat up. Its as if i set off and there free turning but as i press the brake pedal the piston in the caliper sticks out. Ive had the calipers off twice, sliders are free as anything and pistons seems free too while i used penetrating fluid and copper grease on both. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?? Buy new calipers out of motorfactors?
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Copper grease isnt what you want for the pistons. You want proper red brake piston grease.

You sure its the fronts and not the backs too?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Done a bit of investigating and swapped back to standard 306 dturbo brakes and its still doing the same. Have worked it out its a faulty gti6 mastercylinder i bought while upgrading thats not letting the pressure off
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Glad you got the problem sorted, but still take heed of piggy's advice reference the grease.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tricky sticking it in..... Uberderv 4 1,891 03-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
Question sticking caliper PocketFighter 2 1,050 02-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  Brakes sticking on rear sparkysparks 12 2,403 06-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: sparkysparks