Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
(29-06-2015, 02:50 PM)ash23 Wrote: I'll give you 300 for it Wink that sucks tho that it's failed it there much ?

That's a very fair offer!
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2015, 02:50 PM)ash23 Wrote: I'll give you 300 for it Wink that sucks tho that it's failed it there much ?

Brake pipe leaking
Rear brakes
Small patch of rust
"unsafe" wiring under bonnet (fan wiring)
SMOKE lol
Drivers side head light to low
No rear middle seat belt (it's under the seat)

Think that was it

Thanks given by:
Not a great deal there then /easy repairs might have some brake pipe and unions you can have
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2015, 04:40 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Brake pipe leaking
Rear brakes
Small patch of rust
"unsafe" wiring under bonnet (fan wiring)
SMOKE lol
Drivers side head light to low
No rear middle seat belt (it's under the seat)

Think that was it

Sounds like its worth fixing tbh. Not much work there or money in parts needed
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2015, 05:18 PM)ash23 Wrote: Not a great deal there then /easy repairs might have some brake pipe and unions you can have

I've got pipe tools etc think only thing it'll cost is time and brake pads and brake fluid, but I'm that skint can't.afford them seeing what I can sell, once zx moted it will be for sale will be asking £800 ovno if any one wants to.show any interest inbox me, got some one coming to look at it next Saturday

Thanks given by:
Little update volcane is sat in bits on my back garden. But the estate now has a full mot Smile time to see how the gt20 goes.

Thanks given by:
Well done chris look forward ti seeing ut
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Sarted to tune the estate now after doing 500mile to bed the clutch in. Not massively impressed at the min. Heres smoke levels at a stand still

https://youtu.be/YbB7llnOkwI

Very smokey

heres a vid of it going not sure what boost I was running in this vid

https://youtu.be/pdkPIZvNO_c

since thid video ive fitted a new d seal on the top mount and added more boost around 18psi now, but still fighting smoke levels mainly in between gear changes were it bogs and coals dont no why tho? ?

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
I may have missed this but what size head is on the pump?

And its a gT2052? Tmic with arps?

When you rev from standstill it will always coal but notice just before you lift off, the boost kicks in and it almost clears!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2015, 04:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: I may have missed this but what size head is on the pump?

And its a gT2052? Tmic with arps?

When you rev from standstill it will always coal but notice just before you lift off, the boost kicks in and it almost clears!

9mm pump and yer tmic with arps

yer ive been for a good drive today its hazing abit at full boost but im just not impressed with the power/toque was hoping for tyre spinning clutch slipping toque I know ive got another 6/7psi before im getting to the limits of the turbo but I can't see the difference being that massive

Thanks given by:
Mine goes like hell on this turbo. What psi are you sitting at and a tmic is not helping either.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2015, 05:13 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Mine goes like hell on this turbo. What psi are you sitting at and a tmic is not helping either.

18psi at min and I know I need a front mount bad I have everything except pipe kit then ill put one on it.

Thanks given by:
Well you know the potential with how my old one was some more tuning needed and one of my "special " lda pins lol
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2015, 05:15 PM)ash23 Wrote: Well sorted Welle potential with how my old one was some more tuning needed and one of my "special " lda pins lol

Might let you have a play with it ash im gonna get Fmic sorted first then hopefully that should help.

Thanks given by:
More boost n fuel. Lets see it at 24psi with a haze.

I'll bet the tmic isnt helping but till its heat soaked should still be 160-170bhp on a well setup 9mm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2015, 05:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: More boost n fuel. Lets see it at 24psi with a haze.

I'll bet the tmic isnt helping but till its heat soaked should still be 160-170bhp on a well setup 9mm

Id be happy with 150 bhp tbh think ill leave it at 18psi for a few mile then turn it up again

Thanks given by:
turn the boost up a little till she clean on boost. Be what you want till fmic.

She will be nice and efficient then, no added heat from coal!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What piggy said. Up the boost a touch. Mine maxed out a 9mm pump and blew clean on boost.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks for help guys ill turn it up a touch tomorrow Smile

Thanks given by:
So been on hoilday last week and been thinking on what to do zx, because im putting the volcane bumper on I was thinking of painting the black strip red to match the silver volcanes also possibly fit the volcane side strips with red strip in.

what you guys think?

Hopefully get the cyclones fitted again some time soon when I find some more bolts. Also bought another turbo a gt2259s (yer its like dajavu) lol that will be a slow side project. Im still tuning the gt20 and hoping to get it on a dyno some time soon so I can see what its doing. After driving my wifes xasra picasso for last week the zx feels extremely fast.

Thanks given by:
Yeah sounds like a plan ??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I really have no opinion on the trim as im not as familiar with zxs as i am with 306s. But get that gt2259s on asap. I want to see how they go and when they spool as this may be my next turbo choice.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2015, 08:15 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I really have no opinion on the trim as im not as familiar with zxs as i am with 306s. But get that gt2259s on asap. I want to see how they go and when they spool as this may be my next turbo choice.

Need to finish tuning the gt20 first still at 21psi burning clean at min

Thanks given by:
Started painting

[Image: 20150809_161517_zpsgcpnqz2n.jpg]

Should look good, think the red strip will make it look loads better

Thanks given by:
Turbo came this morning so started looking at gearbox mounting it on the volcane

[Image: FB_IMG_1439288525592_zpshyqkjo7x.jpg]

Couldn't be bothered making a plate for manifold so cut the flange off one of my many t2's I have so I now have the perfect plate to start making a relocation pipe.

[Image: 20150811_170608_zps3l0n7udn.jpg]

Hopefully start making the pipe tomorrow.

Thanks given by:
Woohoo! Nice having a spare engine/bay to mock up. Ideal ThumbsUp
More fuel for gt20 still needed first!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Best of luck mate Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thought id end this this thread now

The estate sold (to a fourm member) who tells me the turbo is shit and laggy (deppressed me alot tbh) in that respect I was glad to se it go!

Volcane is having the last bits stripped before the scrap yard.

And thats the end

new car is a seat leon 1.8 20v Turbo Fr spec says cupra on the boot but I dont understand enough about them yet to say if it is a cupra or not.

Massive spec all for 1k don't think I did to bad
full leather electric seats
climate control
4 electric windows
electric mirrors
Cruise control
6 speed box
etc etc

[Image: 20150820_073015_zpspbddlxjw.jpg]

[Image: 20150820_073132_zpsp9gec0tu.jpg]

so thats it for a while I hope that this will be a car I keep for a long time but time will tell. I just know its worlds apart from the old zx. And the power difference is massive to. Think ill be having plenty of fun in this.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
why did you sell it on?
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 07:13 PM)procta Wrote: why did you sell it on?

Lots of reasons tbh. But im not sad to see it go think now my insurance has come down now im getting old I can move om to different makes of car. Time will tell if I keep it

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,224 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,284 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,482 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton