What's the best oil to use?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best oil to use?
I was recommended to use 5w40 fully synthetic for my reg, I topped it up after I'd bought it due to the previous owner leaving none in it. Checked today and it's used the lot but don't appear to have any leaks as there's nothing on my drive?

Also, is there any easy way to get the oil cap off as it seems to be a struggle.
Thanks given by:
I did an oil change and used 5w40 a couple weeks back and seems to be holding it fine Smile a xud engine WITHOUT an oil leak? Sounds dodgy Wink
Thanks given by:
Any oil on the exhaust if it's usin oil and it isn't leaking it's burning it or the turbo seals have gone
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 07:52 PM)xgem Wrote: I was recommended to use 5w40 fully synthetic for my reg, I topped it up after I'd bought it due to the previous owner leaving none in it. Checked today and it's used the lot but don't appear to have any leaks as there's nothing on my drive?

Also, is there any easy way to get the oil cap off as it seems to be a struggle.

How much did you put in and over what time period did it get used.?
Thanks given by:
Oil leaks tend to happen under pressure, all my 306s have been leaky but not left any oil on the drive lol. If you've got an undertray it's suprising how bigger pool of fluids ends up sitting on that in a short space of time! lol
Thanks given by:
I put in just above the top notch and roughly 2 weeks, the previous owner said it had an oil leak but they'd fixed it.
Thanks given by:
Have a good look around the engine for signs of leaks. Its a common thing for these engines to have an oil leak or two. If its definitely not leaking then its burning it either due to knackered turbo oil seals, piston rings or valve stem seals. Do you get any blue smoke from the exhaust.?
Thanks given by:
It smokes a bit under load but not noticed any blue smoke, will have a look round. Cheers
Thanks given by: